FTB EXP Farm using Soul Shards and Melee Turtles with bonus Forestry Farm Tip

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

siebharrin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey =) Nice video. Here's my $.02:

#1: Don't excuse your voice, sure we don't all like our voices, but yours has character.
#2: Its 10 minutes! thats not long for most such videos, they rant on and on for up to 30 minutes :d

I've never come to the point of making spawners in my hardcore worlds because I enjoy risky jumps so these might not be applicable:
#3: You could put your relays below the turtles and and have the turtles do a turtle.dropDown() instead? That way the turtle won't have downtime attacking, and would decrease chances of any skeletons falling down. If you make the last drop 24+ high the skellies will die anyway I believe.
#4: If you make the walls of glass the spiders won't be able to climb up.
#5: Make a quicklink to the time when you start explaining forestry so that anyone wanting to see just that can directly jump there. You could also just make two shorter videos.

Thanks again :)

Tadaskew

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I've been looking for a turtle attack script for a week, mouse finger so tired. Also since you're in eternal day if you put a roof on top of your structure I guess you could really rake in the mob drops if that's what you're after. Put glass on the inside wall like siebharrin said then cover them with cobble to keep dark. Thanks a bunch and great video.

MineAza

Jul 29, 2019
Why dont just use this:
Code:
While true do
  turtle.attack()
end
combined with Buildcraft wooden pipes pumping out their inventory?

You can make the skelettons drop 8 Blocks so they keep spawning and then collect them into a 2x2 area and let them fall 20 blocks so the turtles onehit them.

I've been looking for a turtle attack script for a week
Man you didn't even try looking for it. nothing simpler then a stupid attack loop.

Yippy Kai Aye

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! I've been looking for a turtle attack script for a week, mouse finger so tired. Also since you're in eternal day if you put a roof on top of your structure I guess you could really rake in the mob drops if that's what you're after. Put glass on the inside wall like siebharrin said then cover them with cobble to keep dark. Thanks a bunch and great video.

I tier 5 soul shard isn't affected by light which is really nice in my opinion.

I've made a similar setup to this. Great vid. Thanks for posting.