Frame rate issues in Unleashed 1.1.3?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I've run into frame rate issues in my base that are a bit worse than usual. It's less than 10 FPS every now and then, and usually very uneven and choppy, mostly around my boiler setup. If I fly away 200 blocks or so, I always have 60 FPS.

My machine isn't exactly the latest and greatest, but usually good enough. It's an older i7 (860) at 3 GHz with a GTX 580 and 8 GB RAM.

I've tried to look at the debug values (F3), but can't seem to see any unusually high numbers. There isn't a lot of entities or chunks being rendered. I have seen higher values in areas that have normal FPS.

Anyone have any advice on what usually impacts the frame rate? I have 12 boilers running on charcoal with AE automation and I'm using power converters, so there isn't a lot of engines etc. Anyone else with a similar setup that have managed to keep a good framerate?

Update: I found the problem. I'm not sure if it's due to me disabling the sound in the config or something, but it was the MFR planter and harvester that was causing the framerate issues. I ended up tearing down most of my base to locate the problem, and when I stopped the harvester and planter, the framerate became stable at ~60. When I then removed the redstone torch from the planter and it started planting again, there was immediately a FPS drop. Same with the harvester. Not sure what the deal is here, since they usually doesn't cause any problems.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Try going into you AE configs and turning off cable flashing, cause everytime your ae system sends your boilers charcoal all of the cables flash, which can add up quickly

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
What do wrath lamps have that gives fps issues? The only light sources I have experienced fps issues is the RP2 lighting which isn't in 1.5.2 packs, and the lux capacitors from MPS. Why do these two items that I have tested give horrible fps problems? is the lighting constantly updating every tick or something?

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
At present I'm getting the same kind of FPS issues with FTB Unleashed 1.1.3 and I cannot figure out why it is. Mine kicks in after just over an hour of play and then NEVER goes away. Problem starts up even if I am only using coal powered machines and torches (i.e. no wrath lamps).

mfgamesys

Jul 29, 2019
I had issues with fps when using both 32 and 64 bit java, I doubt this is the cause but its something to look at. The problem is your system may or may not be defaulting to use 32 bit java instead of 64 bit as 64 bit is needed for large render distance.

Currently I only have 64 bit java installed.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
Using wrath lamps?

Yes, I have 6 of them in my boiler room. I'll try removing them and see if it helps. Thanks.[DOUBLEPOST=1379920791][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try going into you AE configs and turning off cable flashing, cause everytime your ae system sends your boilers charcoal all of the cables flash, which can add up quickly

Thanks for the tip, I have already done this, and turned off sound on MFR (harvester). Didn't seem to make much of a difference though.

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I found the problem, updating the first post in case someone else is seeing the same issue.