Feedback on Colony Modpack and Other Questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Various: Choose One per "Option Pair"

• Total voters

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Well here is my opinions.
1) Tried it. Like it alot.
2) Forestry tends to add a lot of lag especially later into the game when you have loads of alviaries . If not for that reason I would consider adding it.
3) While extra cells is nice it really only helps extreme late game when you have tens of thousands of resources but then you could just build more ME drives instead. Personally I could give or take on the mod.
4) I would really like to see more packs without minechem than with right now. So many packs are using it right now that it is getting kind of boring. From what I read on the curse page because the main page isn't working MO sounds a lot like EE3 but with a power requirement. So I am for the switch. Plus minechem has a world ending crash once you get into radioactive materials.
5) I play mostly single player so OMT wouldn't have much of an effect for me. I could give or take on it.
6) Personally I would say the cosmetic mods could go, like carpenter's blocks and bibliocraft, but that is just my opinion because I really don't build for aesthetics.
True... I added Carpenter's Blocks because it was requested. I might remove it. :p
Thanks for the feedback; it really helps. :)
About OMT: it can be used to kill hostile mobs as well as players. This would be useful for a Wither farm, or generic base defense, especially early game. ;)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
How do I shot web? (Replace the head on a pickaxe? Is there some progression to it?)

On OMT, can I shoot mobs with it?

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
How do I shot web? (Replace the head on a pickaxe? Is there some progression to it?)

On OMT, can I shoot mobs with it?
Iguana Tweaks is bugged... I managed to disable the things I wanted to ENABLE and ENABLE the stuff I wanted to disable. :mad:
That is fixed in the next update, which I should probably get around to finishing...
The issue is that there's this huge bug with HQM where the pack crashes on loading. My guess is that my quests have somehow been corrupted. I'll try restoring a backup, maybe, but if that doesn't solve it I'd rather just remove HQM. Would anyone else who has played the pack mind that terribly? Plus I've also been programming a lot recently, and that's a lot of fun; it's more motivating than updating my modpack. It's harder to do, but easier to solve bugs, and more rewarding in the end. That said, this coming update adds a bunch of tweaks and fixes that would put the pack into an actual stable state.

As for OMT - yes, you can use it to defend your base, but it (alongside Bibliocraft and Gravity Guns) will be removed in the next update. OMT is being replaced by Geko's Lasers (not a perfect fit, but I need to keep the mod count down for lag reasons). Bibliocraft and Gravity Guns don't add that much, so I think I have to cut them (again, mod count).

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Can I suggest having Bibliocraft, and Gravity Gun in the pack, but disabled by Default? I love those two mods, but if you're going to not want them...

What are you trying to keep the count under?

I did have to add Optifine to my version, otherwise it'd play fine for a bit, then I'd get stuck. I'd just keep rubber banding back to the same spot, even after moving more than a dozen blocks. That was less than ideal. And then I proceeded to get stuck in Creative mode. Then I put in Optifine and now it runs fine. :D

Definitely could use Railcraft. Moving fluid all those tens of blocks by hand? Or pipe? No way.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Can I suggest having Bibliocraft, and Gravity Gun in the pack, but disabled by Default? I love those two mods, but if you're going to not want them...

What are you trying to keep the count under?

I did have to add Optifine to my version, otherwise it'd play fine for a bit, then I'd get stuck. I'd just keep rubber banding back to the same spot, even after moving more than a dozen blocks. That was less than ideal. And then I proceeded to get stuck in Creative mode. Then I put in Optifine and now it runs fine. :D

Definitely could use Railcraft. Moving fluid all those tens of blocks by hand? Or pipe? No way.
That might work. I'll add back Bibliocraft, Gravity Gun, and Railcraft, but I'm going to disable them by default (railcraft messes with vanilla rail crafting recipes, as I'm sure you know).
As for mod count... Well, I'm trying to keep it under 100, as I've found that around 110 my computer begins lagging badly. I'm can't add Optifine into the pack by default, and I won't add Fastcraft because apparently that it can have a negative effect on some computers.

Glad you're liking the pack, though. :D

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I see. How powerful is your computer?

I wasn't suggesting adding it, just saying that I had an issue without it. Might be one of those strange Java issues. I'm running Java 8, so that might be the problem.

Will wait for the update as patiently as possible. Got stupidly lucky and got Silk touch on my starter pick, so I'd rather not start over if I can avoid it. :D

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I see. How powerful is your computer?

I wasn't suggesting adding it, just saying that I had an issue without it. Might be one of those strange Java issues. I'm running Java 8, so that might be the problem.

Will wait for the update as patiently as possible. Got stupidly lucky and got Silk touch on my starter pick, so I'd rather not start over if I can avoid it. :D
My computer is fairly powerful. I have a good graphics card and a decent amount of ram (don't remember the exact specs, too lazy to find them). Yeah... Optimization modding is weird. :p
I'm almost done with the update; I'll try to get HQM working later today. Once the update is actually done, I'll send the release to the Third Party Pack team, and within 3 days of that it'll be live. :)

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I think I like the idea of the new laser mod, though I played with OMT in creative, and that's stupidly fun, but they're insanely expensive.

I'm on an FX6300, with 16GB of RAM. I might have a video card issue, since I have Integrated Graphics at the moment because I haven't gotten to order my video card yet.

Last edited:

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
Cross-posted from the primary thread for this pack.

It's time for another teaser for the next update: v1.1.5!
Stuff to note:
I've removed OpenModularTurrets and WR-CBE outright, and disabled Gravity Gun and Bibliocraft. This is because I'm doing my best to keep the mod count below ~105; anything past that and my (actually pretty good) computer begins to stutter. The mods I've removed/disabled were mostly superficial or had their functionality duplicated by something else I wanted more, so they got the cut. Sorry.
I'm adding Geko's Lasers and Draconic Evolution, and re-adding Railcraft and Computer craft, but RC and CC will be disabled by default.
For server owners (looking at you, @Harvest88!), you'll need to update the forge version to version 10.13.4.1448. Sorry about that; it should be the last time for a while.

For everyone: I'm removing HQM. I wish I could keep it, but I think my quests got corrupted (or something) and I don't feel like going through and re-making every quest just for this update. It might make it back into a later release, but that will have to wait. :(

As for actual features I'm excited about:
I have tweaked Big Reactors to be much cooler. Fuel consumption is 8x larger than before, passive reactor power production has been decreased to 50%, and turbine power production has been decreased to 75%. The end goal of those tweaks is to make you actually think before just building a giant reactor; you might want to opt for using the far-more-efficient turbines to avoid running out of yellorium.
On the other side of the scale, RFTools' Endergenic Generator has been buffed to 6x it's previous power production. If you can figure it out, you won't need to bother with Big Reactors. :)