Feed the beast infinity crashes on start up Registering texture

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

bluetreefrog

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Feed the beast infinity crashes on start up Registering texture
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
I think I might have a problem with textures :/ I'm not using any texture packs or have any others mods installed besides the ones included in the pack. Running windows 8.1 pro

bluetreefrog

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I have now been able to get to the title screen and play single player after disabling a whole bunch of mods(disabled optifine as it didn't help) now im re-enabling mods to see how many I can re-enable. one side note is that ftb isn't using all the ram I gave it when it crashes, and gives me the error about loading textures.

Last edited:

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry no one has looked at this yet. You are correct that you are running out of memory, especially with the first log. The second seems to point towards you using a high res texture pack, despite it looking like one isn't installed. May I suggest you try putting fastcraft back in, and keeping the 2gb memory allocated and see what happens(since I see you removed optifine)? Unfortunately, with the second log, it shows you allocating slightly over 2gb, not 3. Maybe you made a typo or didn't save your change. Still, 2 should be enough for you to get started.

Linkero

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmmm, how much ram does your system actually have? If you have sufficient ram, try again with 3gb allocated. Assuming you're game isn't even getting to the menu, you can try opening up your options file in your minecraft directory, and change "fancyGraphics" to false(if it isn't already). Additionally, you can try again after removing fastcraft to rule that out as an issue itself. Personally, I run just fine with 2gb of ram, and about 10 more mods than you have installed.

bluetreefrog

Jul 29, 2019
It's not fastcraft, as I can actually get to the start screen with less mods disabled. I have tried with max ram allocation 7.75 GB but I can't see a deference. I'll try turning fancy graphics off like you suggested and get back to you.

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Normally when RAM is an issue you get another carsh-log, as a result it is either caused by something else or changing the amount of RAM is not going to help you one bit(as you already experienced). As you use java 8 permgen is also not an option.

How much memory does your video card has, I ask because it wants to load a texture in the RAM when it happens and your video card has most of the time its own separate amount of memory.