32x Faithful 32x32 Pack

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
So now to use the texture pack, we have to unzip it first, then zip it again because the thing isn't in the correct format on github if we want to avoid a large amount of fps drops (FPS seems to drop if we keep the resource pack as a folder instead of .zip file, probably due to the fact it has so many files in it...

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
The pack was easier to manage and I find it loads faster when not zipped. If its an issue, we can go back to the old system of having a mediafire link and updating it everytime large changes are made. Will compare FPS right now.

Edit: I am not seeing any FPS difference but I have a fairly powerful computer. Can you please post the specs of your computer and how large of an FPS difference your getting between zipped and non-zipped? I am mainly interested in your processor, video card, what storage device FTB is being run from, and how much memory you have given it.

My rig for example:

Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.7GHz.
GTX 560 Ti @ stock speeds
Intel 530 SSD
12 gigs of memory total, 2 given to FTB
FPS difference is 3 FPS in favor of unzipped

Last edited:

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
My rig isn't the best in the world but here it is :

ASUS P5Q SE Plus
Intel Core2Quad Q9400 2.6GHZ
RAM : Corsair 6GB DDR2 800
SSD : Crucial Vertex 4 256GB
HDD : Too many to list here
Video : PNY GeForce 9600GT 512MB

I just reinstalled windows 2 days ago and just updated to all the latest drivers available for everything

After some more testings, I'm not sure there's a significant FPS drop when the resource pack is unzipped, I think I had some background process running when I noticed an FPS drop earlier.

still to report there's a missing texture in the TE infuser when its charging stuff, just noticed this one...

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019
There shouldn't be any performance differences between zipped and unzipped during gameplay. The only time there is any difference in performance between using zipped or unzipped is while Minecraft is first loading up or when changing resource packs and even then it is barely anything at all.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I had the impression that having a ton of files in a folder vs a single zipped file would affect the fps, maybe I'm lucky since I have a SSD, it doesn't affect me that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very different for people that have a regular hard drive, the game constantly having to load and unload different files from a folder vs multiple files in a .zip archive could be stressful for a regular hard disk...

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
When zipped, the same amount of data is pulled from the hard disk. Either way, it ends up stored in memory.

SlowboyFast

Jul 29, 2019
I had the impression that having a ton of files in a folder vs a single zipped file would affect the fps, maybe I'm lucky since I have a SSD, it doesn't affect me that much, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was very different for people that have a regular hard drive, the game constantly having to load and unload different files from a folder vs multiple files in a .zip archive could be stressful for a regular hard disk...

It could be stressful if those textures were like 2048x2048 or higher and HDD was 5400RPM with crappy read/writes.

I'm actually running my MC from HDD [7200RPM Seagate Barracuda, fairly powerful little beast]. Tried to run it from my system SSD [Samsung 840 Series] and there was no difference in FPS [tested on loose files and archive].

CPU: FX8350 8 Core @4,5GHz Black Edition [shame that Java is badly handling mutliple cores]
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
System SSD: Samsung 840 Series [128GB]
Data HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 [1TB]
GPU: EVGA GF GTX770 SC ACX 2GB

If you experience drops, consider locking your framerate using nVidia inspector. I'm running my MC with constant 60 FPS. I was having like 300+ before, but no kiddin', there's no difference between 60 and 60+, at least for me.

smenes

Jul 29, 2019
it's supposed to be better in folder since you don't need to uncompressed.
anyways, I gonna put the mediafire link later, after my work. I think it's easier like that.
but also keep the GitHub link for people who want the last change or for people who want to contribute

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
We know, I am working on that right now.

EDIT: Fixed Energetic Infuser animation. Forgot to copy the animation control file.

EDIT 2: Textures for Thermal Expansion 3 dynamos complete.

Last edited:
Reactions: un worry

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
I just got the latest pack downloaded and it seems someone had fun with the textures for Machinemuse modular powersuit, the wiring looks like a green bag and the solenoid is like a hand with a finger in it, I liked the original textures better...

Edit : After inspection all the textures for Modular Powersuits appear to have been messed up clearly...

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Wanted to give a quick 'thank you!' for all the work being done on the Faithful pack. It is hands-down my favorite texture pack (guess I'm a traditionalist) and seeing it get constant updates for mods is VERY appreciated. This texture pack makes Minecraft more fun for me.

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Vanilla pack was just updated, therefore this pack has also updated. Here is the changes made by Vattic.

New in the main pack:

Acacia Sapling
Dark Oak Sapling
Ocelot
Black Cat
Siamese Cat
Wool (inspired by SteelBrother's)
Connected Wood
Connected Glass
Connected Stained Glass