Factorization Projects Database

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
cWipn13.png

Hello.

I have been playing with Factorization for quite a while now, but never really went through this projects list. But now I decided to tackle all (well not all) of them, in no particular order. In doing so I have also decided to create this thread to share my builds, and also hoping that people will share some of their builds with me here : )

Because some of this things are unusual around here I believe with pictures alone it may be hard to understand exactly what is going on, so I chose to make videos.

Here is the first one: my almost finished wheat farm.

Let the building begin.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
well... if you chose to do videos does that mean only videos? I oftentimes don't have the time to go through a video but I like examining pictures. Videos bother me except in certain circumstances. Excited to see a factorization build journal- keep up the good work ;)

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
well... if you chose to do videos does that mean only videos? I oftentimes don't have the time to go through a video but I like examining pictures. Videos bother me except in certain circumstances. Excited to see a factorization build journal- keep up the good work ;)
Well I can try to make it with pictures. You can judge if that is understandable or not. Here I go.

Here is my - almost - automated wheat farm:
GqPpm8f.png

How it works is very simple. This journey starts here with these things called color scanners and the servo:

0dTIZ4E.png

The servo passes through the servo rail with the color scanners and reads the "color" of the wheat - which can be lime, green or yellow - and than afterwards gets to the top front servorail where it passes a series of subroutines the "(o)". If any of these wheat is not fully mature than the servo moves to the back servorail and restarts the loop with nothing happening.
But when all of the wheat is mature than it stays in the front rail and passes through the red instruction on the left side of the picture.
That instruction triggers a redstone signal which then triggers 4 dispensers that have water buckets in them.

jsf5AYw.png

jiO002R.png

The itens flow to the middle where they are sucked by the pressurizer and put on its back's inventory in this case a dropper (just because, no real reason for it).

There is a comparator on the inventory that frees a servo that has a "item shifter" that will move the itens sucked in into a different place.

G6yDRo8.png

EF10XSH.png

that random dropper over there has 1 piece of wheat in it. Its purpose is to help the servo decide where does it need to put the wheat and the seeds.

If you are curious about how does that work, you can find out about it here or more specifically: HERE. you're looking for "item shifter control".

Back to the pictures. On this case the servo got seeds first:

7parEEF.png

xUtMMgc.png

One thing That is not very well ilustrated here is that this servo is painted green, and when a servo is painted it will not pass through a rail that is painted of a different collor.
Anyway the green servo delivers the seeds and frees a black servo. The black servo has a robotic arm and will go on to plant seeds.

bZnKX2h.png

KeXDkZL.png

VDVF2uG.png

But that is not all! I also made it so that afterwards it will go get some bonemeal and use it on the wheat..... twice.

7DYfFbj.png

nrlcLSm.png

This last image is during the first bonemealing.

you can kinda of figure out how I did it from the video.

BkQ73Eo.png

And if you didn't notice yet I have some other plans for this build:

mdP9hUo.png

also there is a small "bug" I found after I made the video. I found out that sometimes wheat do grow fully after one bonemeal use, which is kind of bad since for this to work the servo needs to use everything it has on its inventory. but I patched this with this:

XLaNDhK.png

Reactions: Yusunoha

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for the lack of updates life was keeping me from making it, also I get distracted easily.

Tree farm, using sand and a piston

Okay this is the tree farm I came up with. A few things I would like to point out:
  • This desing works under the premisse that you are using only one type of sapling, and that sapling can't be acacia or dark oak among others because it does not get rid of branches;
  • Jungle trees have been working alright for me so far (And if I have to say it: it doesn't do 2x2 trees).
Ip77IKA.png

There are a lot of repeater here, but really it is all basic redstone. I will guide you through it.

It starts here:
Hu8AA2i.png

That redstone torch is the start of the chain that kickstarts the entire thing. When the tree grows the sapling over there turns into a log, and the powered repeater powers that log which then powers the other repeater and here this signal is split into three. for easier understanding lets name them: downsignal, longsignal going to the left and shortsignal going to the right.
OQK4snW.png

Longsinal branches a little and frees a servo that will go down and get some sand.
hyp73xt.png

Before downsignal is on, here are the pictures of the floor below:
OHvWIHp.png

OK8dtpZ.png

Downsginal is on the block above the far left torch (there is a slab above that torch).
RCNkQJD.png

BVZGmNr.png

Shortsignal deactivates a Pressurizer (which is a thing that sucks itens). For now ignore that parasieve and comparator.
S2kDlDh.png

g1QsPHz.png

Two comments here. First, there is a reason why I need to deactivate it. Second, I could have done this differently, with a servo going around the edges. Maybe I'll do it at a later date.

The servo will go up to the ceiling and go in a loop here:

Qd6Khx9.png

it will place a sand block under the piston then activate a redstone pulse that will activate said piston.

The servo will continue this loop until it has no sand left in its inventory when it then will go down again.
ecFC0fz.png

Longsignal just pretty much loops around...
4IZCtIg.png

...and goes to a AND gate, althought why will be made clearer later. that signal ends at the robotic arm, which is the thing that will plant the sapling back and something else.

The sand will push down the logs until it reaches the lacerator down on the second floor where these wil get harvested. When the last log is gone the sand will fall down onto a torch with a hopper bellow which will put all the sand back in the pick up place for the servo. One thing to be carefull about is that the the pressurizer, if set to a strong enough setting can pull the falling sand slightly and scew up your system.

The delay is timed so that after all the sand fell, the pistons will put the dirt block back right before the robotic arm recieves a signal for planting the sapling.

Now let's go back to the parasieve. (If you don't know about the parasieve, click here)
KODOmk5.png

So here is the deal. On the parasieve you will put sapling like this:
TlNNBpO.png

This configuration changes how the comparator sees the inventory. In this way the comparator will put out a 15 strong signal if there are 3 or more saplings in that inventory. This is a great and amazing feature of the parasieves. I can set it up so it will do this with any amount up to a stack.

Anyway that signal is brought down...
KmwZTZ5.png

...where is gets picked up by another comparator as well as a repeater:
CgBnJ3e.png

This image is showing that if the signal coming down isn't 13 or higher that comparator won't output a redstone signal.

If that was the case than this clock wouldn't be running ( I changed this part a little from the video, just for pictures sake).
R1WsL3w.png

(clock desing picked from thejims on youtube)

However I can also deactivate the clock with a lever.
EdzIUOZ.png

The end of the clock is hooked to the AND gate.

And if I do this:
Ja5bseq.png

Than I can aply bonemeal to the saplings

This build was made a little while ago and as I am making this a realise a bunch of things I can do differently. I will definetly revisit this at a later date. for now this it though.

Master_Builder_800

Jul 29, 2019
This is a cool build- I loovvveee redstone, one of the things that annoys me about Modded MC, it makes redstone too easy. Though I don't think that this is running at peak efficiency, it could run a lot faster. If you like I'll look into it when I get the chance, or maybe you enjoy your build the way it is.

Broomstone

Jul 29, 2019
This is a cool build- I loovvveee redstone, one of the things that annoys me about Modded MC, it makes redstone too easy. Though I don't think that this is running at peak efficiency, it could run a lot faster. If you like I'll look into it when I get the chance, or maybe you enjoy your build the way it is.

By all means go ahead, I myself will be tweaking things here and there, right now I'm kind of doing things as it goes. Like I mentioned I get distracted easily, Just so you know I already have ore processing layed out and I already have the subroutines for servo sorting .(but I am still thinking about how to lay it out).

Reactions: Master_Builder_800
S

Steve C

how you put the "Socket Pulse" instruction in the other side of the servo without this dissapear?