Extremely Low Frames - Only in FTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHomeChicken

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, so. I play Minecraft regularly, and used to play Tekkit often as well. Anyways, with Minecraft, I get pretty high frames. With Tekkit, i get a small bit of lag, but its bearable.

With FTB though, which I really want to get into, I can hardly even play. Even though I installed Optifine with the Direwolf20 pack, and set it up, it still lags to all hell. Plus, it takes ages to load up the game once it's been launched.

I just updated to a new Java version, and I'm going to put in Optifine again, assuming that the modpack has updated since Early Feb., and hopefully it will help somewhat.

I still want to know, though -
why do my frames drop so hard in FTB,
and what can I do to fix it?

Meldiron

Jul 29, 2019
Your frames drop so hard in FTB because your laptop (you are on a laptop right?) doesn't recognize FTB as a game and therefor doesn't fire up your dedicated graphics card (that im asuming the laptop have?)
At least that would be my best guess.
If you have a nvidia graphics card, try this.
If you have a intel graphics card then im not really sure how to fix it just yet, or if this is even the actual problem (though i asume it is, but haven't gotten simulare cases confirmed yet)
If you don't know what graphics card your computer is running then type dxdiag in the start menu search field and look under the "display" tab.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Your frames drop so hard in FTB because your laptop (you are on a laptop right?) doesn't recognize FTB as a game and therefor doesn't fire up your dedicated graphics card (that im asuming the laptop have?)
At least that would be my best guess.
If you have a nvidia graphics card, try this.
If you have a intel graphics card then im not really sure how to fix it just yet, or if this is even the actual problem (though i asume it is, but haven't gotten simulare cases confirmed yet)
If you don't know what graphics card your computer is running then type dxdiag in the start menu search field and look under the "display" tab.
Glad to see someone's getting a use out of that page! I have yet to find good instructions on Intel cards, when I do I'll add them to that page as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.