Windows .exe Extra Biome's Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danwatson

Jul 29, 2019
Recently I've been having some problems with my feed the beast. As I'm not very keen on Extra Biome's I decided to turn it off but have started playing on a server with my friend so I turned it back on again. Anyway, for some reason for when I open up the world it gives me the option to load and so I clicked yes but my minecraft crashed. Annoyed, I tried enabling extra biomes but again the same happened. It produced a crash report but i'm not sure if I should post it here. Can someone help?

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
he means: post the logs to pastebin.com and link them here so we can read whats going wrong

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the console open?
If not, set it to show the console then do what Nessiro said to be able to see what the problem is.

@Ashzi, it may help explaining a bit more, rather than just saying one word when it comes to new members.
Many may know how everything works already, but just as many don't know what they're doing , so it may help explaining a bit more just in case, otherwise you may end up just confusing them more. :p

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have the console open?
If not, set it to show the console then do what Nessiro said to be able to see what the problem is.

@Ashzi, it may help explaining a bit more, rather than just saying one word when it comes to new members.
Many may know how everything works already, but just as many don't know what they're doing , so it may help explaining a bit more just in case, otherwise you may end up just confusing them more. :p
If people asking for help don't give much info, I don't say more than "logs". At the very least, then my trouble shooting guide link is on their thread, and maybe, HOPEFULLY, someone reads it and clicks on it, and their question is answered.

Edit: also, waiting 4 days to respond with any sort of further or added confusion doesn't help much either

Reactions: Yuka

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
If people asking for help don't give much info, I don't say more than "logs". At the very least, then my trouble shooting guide link is on their thread, and maybe, HOPEFULLY, someone reads it and clicks on it, and their question is answered.

Edit: also, waiting 4 days to respond with any sort of further or added confusion doesn't help much either

Fair enough. :)
Also yeah I suppose 4 days is a bit of a long time too for such, I hadn't noticed.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. :)
Also yeah I suppose 4 days is a bit of a long time too for such, I hadn't noticed.
I put together my trouble shooting guide after having so many people ask basic trouble shooting questions or not fully explaining their problems (ex: i no werk, wut do).
It's much easier to put the common problems I encounter in a section of the guide. Granted, this is all on the assumption that people read it.
Regardless, the entire first page is what I will always suggest first. Reason: if the problem persists through a clean re-install of both Java and the launcher, then there really is a problem. More often than not, I've seen, many problems are just wrong versions of one thing or another, or persisting problems with the launcher (ex: the download taking too long, so it stops)

I don't know what you mean? I have a crash report saved but that's all?
Program logs are files that are generated when you run a program. When you run your launcher, several logs are generated. A launcher log (not usually much help) and a console log (usually bunches of help). When you "launch" minecraft through the launcher, added logs (ForgeModLoader and Minecraft) are also generated. These logs show us how the game started, and if any mods had issues on start up.
When asking for help relating to launcher problems, it is always best to:
Open your launcher
Select the "Options" tab
In the Options make sure the box next to 'Show Console' is checked.
Close your launcher, and start it again. At this time, copy the contents of the console (it will pop up with your launcher) and put it in a paste file on pastebin.com.
Note: sometimes pastebin has problems letting pastes save when you don't log in to an account. Creating an account almost always fixes this problem.

Any time someone asks for a log, your best bet is to give the console log, unless a different log is otherwise requested. (and if it is, don't hesitate to ask where you can find the correct log)

Any time you EVER get a crash report, put it on pastebin, and save the link to that paste. That will also be handy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.