EXP -> EU generation with GT

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Would someone tell me whether or not I'm crazy?

I get the feeling that with exp turtles, a magic absorber and spawner stuff, you could create a fully-automatic energy system producing 128 EU/t per magic absorber - that is, per nether star. What I'm not sure about is whether or not this is the most efficient way to produce energy infinitely with the nether star - or for that matter with the iridium plates. Any thoughts?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
That depends on what the conversion ratio of XP : EU is, and how fast can your turtles kill mobs and get XP. Yes, in theory it is definitely possible, in practice I have no idea what would it take to achieve the theoretical 128 EU/t.

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
I am new to Greg tech, so that magic absorber you are talking about will convert exp into eu?

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
It's a very new machine - it apparently eats enchantments (and, I think, nether stars?) and emits 128 EU/t - but it's difficult to figure out how much enchantment you need to provide for constant power.

ayc

Jul 29, 2019
Tested yesterday in SMP using T5 zombie spawner killed by turtle to get the rare drops.

The armor, tools and weapons are then pumped into a gregtech magic energy absorber before getting repaired and macerated.

The problem with this is that most of the time the server get spammed with an error and the enchanted item gives unlimited amount of EU (full charge MFS with a looting II golden sword).

I reported it to greg but he said his code was fine, so I don't know... If someone could try to use it to see if the same thing happens or if it's me screwing up the config...

vineet

Jul 29, 2019
It's a very new machine - it apparently eats enchantments (and, I think, nether stars?) and emits 128 EU/t - but it's difficult to figure out how much enchantment you need to provide for constant power.
Enchantments, what about exp?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
I think, different enchanment gives different amount of exp; like one with silktouch will give better exp than other..