Energy Siphon questions

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
So I heard it outputs 1024 EU/t in 1.5.1. Is it worth the resources to build it now? Should I place it in the Nether (always a roof above my head) or the End (where theres 0 aura)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
That's news to me, but if you manage to kill the dragons without killing the crystals, you could also use magic energy absorbers on the cyrstals and get a good good amount of energy from the whole setup, while keeping it very safe.

The only question is how to ferry the energy around without investing into an IDSU.

Dare2Win

Jul 29, 2019
That actually isnt that hard,

1.just get a mining laser and set it to scatter
2.Spam the laser on the dragon
3.?????
4.Profit

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
That actually isnt that hard,

1.just get a mining laser and set it to scatter
2.Spam the laser on the dragon
3.?????
4.Profit
Doesn't mean that everyone did it that way. Most people I see kill the crystals first for some reason. But yeah, adv. nano and lightning wand with frugal and potency are more than enough to take him down w/o damaging the goods. Both of which are pre-titanium and therefore waiting on which will not impede your progress.
Mekanism ultimate energy cube and tesseracts, maybe? *innocent face

;p
Which are not in ultimate :p.

But yeah, I "get it".

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
wait, whats this about the spire crystals? i didnt realize they were useful for anything. Mind explaining both what they're for and how to mine them without getting a kaboom?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
wait, whats this about the spire crystals? i didnt realize they were useful for anything. Mind explaining both what they're for and how to mine them without getting a kaboom?
That's the thing, you can't.

What you can do is place a gregtech magic energy absober next to each and have it suck 128 eu/t from it. This creates a lot of flux, just like the dragon egg energy syphon. So if you're placing it there to avoid flux, then you might as well use the crystals.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019

I'm pretty sure you don't mine them, just set up shop on top of the tower. Very carefully.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Or should I say Deadpool'd? Off to read marvel again.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how useful that is unless you're on creative unless I'm missing something. Using a star for such little power gain? Why bother? Unless you've already gotten an uncrafting table, I guess?

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure how useful that is unless you're on creative unless I'm missing something. Using a star for such little power gain? Why bother? Unless you've already gotten an uncrafting table, I guess?
128 is a lot on the stretch from mid to late game, 6-12 times as much is even better. Especially since it's hands-off. And stars? Stars are easy. Much easier than say the rest of the gt stuff required to build those machines.

And the best part? You can build all of this pre-UU.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Am I going about stars the wrong way? 2-3 hours of farming wither skulls for one star is not my definition of easy, moreso a pain in the ass. In the same time you can set up a boiler and biofuel system on limited resources for 3 times the output. But of course, boilers get old.

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
So what do you guys recommend: Nether or The End to place the DEES.

(Let's leave out mystcraft because mindcrack)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Def end.
Am I going about stars the wrong way? 2-3 hours of farming wither skulls for one star is not my definition of easy, moreso a pain in the ass. In the same time you can set up a boiler and biofuel system on limited resources for 3 times the output. But of course, boilers get old.
Enchant your sword with looting, the chance for skulls raises from 2,5% to a maximum of 4% at the max looting level. Also, spawn the withers with mfr, have turtles decapitate them, there's your skulls.

Also, dunno which pack you're runnin' but dartcraft can make withers spawn pretty easily. You can even fully automate it if you have the right pack...

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to Cheat in an end crystal?

On an old server someone had moved the crystal from the end, but a nosy OP had accidentally broken it.
He couldn't find any way, not via NEI or /give to spawn in an ender crystal.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
Should I place it in the Nether (always a roof above my head)

Assuming you're trying to avoid getting struck by flux lightning, I've found that it actually has no problem going right through the bedrock and netherrack on top of the nether. I was doing some flux farming in the nether a while back, and the lightning had no trouble finding me right after I went through my nether portal. It does so little damage, though, that I wonder why some players worry about it so much - the only flux effect I've seen that's an actual threat is hostile wisps, which can be neutralized with a small cage around your node.