EnderIO - net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.RangedAttribute.<init>

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Ticking Screen - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
FTB Infinity
Modpack Version:
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
Players are crashing randomly with linked crash report. I've determined this is not a 'single user' issue as I've tested this with me and two other users.

Initially I had thought it was due to a ranged mob, the Blizz, and in fact summoning a Blizz crashed me as well with the same stack trace, I couldn't spawn it with the egg, so I used the summon command. At the time, all users had one commonality, they were all in a snow biome. Editing their NBT data and putting them back to spawn fixed it temporarily.

However, later down the road ( a few hours ) users were experiencing the exact same crash. Unfortunately googling the stack trace has resulted in me pulling my hair out, some issue point to EnderZoo ( disabled and crashes still occur ), others point to COFH ( Thermal Expansion ), but all in all I've not found anything I can say "this is it".

One thing I have noticed is that there are unknown entities in the "Forced entities" section. In every crash log I reviewed I seen the EntityTFNagaSegment ( as you can see in the log ) followed by 'unknown'.

What strikes me as odd, is all players were in the overworld, and ONLY one user was in Twilight, but neither were on at the same time. In the attached log, I was in the overworld, so why would Naga segments be spawning around me?

For now I've disabled Twilight as a test, but even if this DOES work, it doesn't explain the crash from a Blizz as stated earlier. I've spent 4 hours debugging this but I'm only a web developer, so tracing java stack traces, isn't something i'm privvy to, so any help would be appreciated.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I realize that KCauldron is just like MCPC in a way that it's not 'officially supported' here, so here's a crash log using the forge that comes with the server https://gist.github.com/d594b70c141a96dc8a8d
A full debug log from the launcher is as follows ( using forge server ) - https://gist.github.com/JayWood/bfbf709622b7c910fb71

I see this:
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation: "An unsupportted old RF API is installed (1.7.10R1.0.1 from buildcraft-7.0.21.jar). Ender IO needs at least 1.7.10R1.0.2 and will NOT work with older versions." This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

So I'll disable EnderIO & Buildcraft and try again.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
One last and final update, I've tried removing removing both buildcraft ( and -compat ) from the server, server will not start. Tried removing EnderIO, and server will not start! I've spent a combined 5 hours on this and my server is still not operational, so I'll leave it up to the pros.

Additionally, my server has had a long running streak for quite some time, so this isn't a 'new' server. Rather, it's happened with this new update.

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
I see this:
EnderIO: Found the following problem(s) with your installation: "An unsupportted old RF API is installed (1.7.10R1.0.1 from buildcraft-7.0.21.jar). Ender IO needs at least 1.7.10R1.0.2 and will NOT work with older versions." This may have caused the error. Try reproducing the crash WITHOUT this/these mod(s) before reporting it.

That error is a lie. We used the old version number, but the API is alright. Fixed in BC 7.1.10.

I remember I was debugging this same error for hours for Resonant Rise, but I don't remember what mod it caused. I believe faintly it was one of the magic mods, and it is definitely related to a mod adding custom mobs very, very poorly.

Last edited:

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I believe, as well, it's mob related, I've only dabbled in java but this is pretty obvious - net.minecraft.entity.ai.attributes.RangedAttribute.<init>
The only mods I know which add mobs are Thaumcraft, Twilight, Thermal Foundation ( Blizz ), and maybe Witchery? I know EnderIO has the option to separate Wither Skelly's from regular Skeletons but I have that disabled due to another bug which would take time to explain.

I've already ruled out Twilight, EnderZoo and Thermal Foundation ( I disabled the Blizz, removed EnderZoo and removed Twilight completely ) and honestly, if the launcher didn't take a full 5-10m to get back to the login screen, I'd test removal of all the mods one by one ( process of elimination ) but the load time is just frustrating.

Due to my day job I can't work on this like all day, so I can only hope someone comes up with some ideas!

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Update to my troubleshooting woes!

I started disabling mods since I found that most user crash logs had a 'Dungeon Guardian' in the list of Forced Entities. My first response was to disable Runic Dungeons. So after I did that, I got an error with portal gun.... go figure, KCauldron, so I know why you guys don't deal with that, but then, after disabling PortalGun, I got a Hats error.... OF ALL THINGS!

BUT, currently ( fingers crossed ) I haven't had an issue since, but I did get this weird thing:
41d0abb56b882f1c33b71357c6a59957.png

Really weird when I logged in. But after talking to another user, they had a portal gun nearby, as did the other guy. So, to re-cap, I've disabled the following mods:
  • Runic Dungeons
  • Portal Gun
  • Hats

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Go figure, I think all is well, and it was the doMobSpawning gamerule turned off. I turn it back on and BOOM, crash again, so yea... I'm done debugging, it's a peaceful server for now I guess!!!

Still the same crash log as initially linked, except this time, of course the forced entities changed, here is the list
  • EntityClientPlayerMP['phyrax'/488729, l='MpServer', x=-608.49, y=41.62, z=52.54
  • EntityGuardian['Dungeon Guardian'/524587, l='MpServer', x=-630.50, y=86.00, z=1.50
  • EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/524302, l='MpServer', x=-611.50, y=93.00, z=4.50
  • EntityHat['unknown'/9513, l='MpServer', x=-584.15, y=84.00, z=66.50
  • EntityHat['unknown'/9515, l='MpServer', x=-611.50, y=93.00, z=4.50
  • EntityHat['unknown'/9517, l='MpServer', x=-634.50, y=88.00, z=61.50
  • EntityHat['unknown'/9519, l='MpServer', x=-628.50, y=88.00, z=64.50
  • EntityHat['unknown'/400, l='MpServer', x=-608.49, y=41.62, z=52.54
  • EntityHat['unknown'/9521, l='MpServer', x=-576.50, y=63.00, z=93.50
  • EntityTrail['unknown'/402, l='MpServer', x=-608.49, y=41.62, z=52.54
  • EntityZombie['Zombie'/524411, l='MpServer', x=-576.50, y=63.00, z=93.50
  • EntitySkeleton['Skeleton'/524338, l='MpServer', x=-634.50, y=88.00, z=61.50
  • EntityZombie['Zombie'/524284, l='MpServer', x=-584.15, y=84.00, z=66.50
  • EntityZombie['Zombie'/524339, l='MpServer', x=-628.50, y=88.00, z=64.50
What strikes me as odd, is the Hats mod, and Runic dungeons is disabled server side, so why do I see EntityHat & EntityGuardian spawning?

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Twilight was disabled at one point and we were still receiving naga segments in our force entities lists, as well as we were still crashing, which rules out TF. I've explained what I've already ruled out in the above threads. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I've spent hours on end researching and testing this, if you, or anyone would like to reply to this thread at least take time to read my research and not skim. I may of course be wrong, I'm not perfect, but I look forward to a detailed rebuttal

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
Still crashing, I've turned off mob spawning altogether. It's unfortunate I've been the only one with this problem.

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
After a bit more digging, I may have found the culprit mod - EnderIO

I remember turning off a setting in the EnderIO.cfg which separated Wither Skeletons from regular Skeletons because of this issue https://github.com/SleepyTrousers/EnderIO/issues/2909

So I took some time this morning to do some tests. I tp'd to where the user had crashed in the Twilight, and I crashed as well. I then disabled EnderIO and Ender Core ( and MFR cuz apparently it requires EnderIO ) and restarted the server, and logged in, and to my surprise no crash.

So I spawned in a few skeletons using the skeleton spawn egg, still no crash. Rebooted, still no crash on login. Though one of the skeletons had a Galacticraft helmet, which didn't make sense. At this point EnderIO and EnderCore ( and MFR ) is disabled, and I'm not getting any crashes.

I stopped the server, re-enabled enderIO and enderCore as well as changed the replaceWitherSkeletons back to true. Started up the server, and no crash! Seen skeletons walking around no problem ( the ones I spawned in ). My immediate thought is it's something to do with this setting, so I disabled the setting, and rebooted, and guess what.... crash!!!

Conclusion
  • Setting replaceWitherSkeletons=false in enderio/EnderIO.cfg causes client-side crash on pre-existing world with the above linked crash reports.
  • Disabling EnderIO & EnderCore fixes this crash, or re-enabling the setting
  • Minefactory Reloaded has an EnderIO API Dependancy and will need to be disabled if EnderIO is as well, which sucks!
Confirmed repeatable with the following:
  • EnderIO - 1.7.10-2.3.0.415_beta
  • EnderCore - 1.7.10-0.1.0.24_beta
  • FTBServer 1.7.10-1448
Title updated to reflect my findings, and to help others who may search for this in the future.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Minefactory Reloaded has an EnderIO API Dependancy and will need to be disabled if EnderIO is as well, which sucks!
I believe it has to do with the recipes from mfr, these can be changed in the config from mfr.

Moasseman

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it has to do with the recipes from mfr, these can be changed in the config from mfr.
What he said.

modpack -> minecraft -> config -> powercrystals -> minefactoryreloaded -> common.cfg

RecipeSets {
# If true, MFR will register its EnderIO-based recipes.
B:EnderIO=true

to false

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think to look into MFR for recipe configs, but that makes sense. For now I've just enabled the setting mentioned above and set broken spawner drop rate to 0 so other players will not craft them. I really didn't want to disable EnderIO since that's the core of what everyone uses on the server.

For now, no crashes since these changes.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I had an issue with these mobs as well. Turned off the witherskellies in ender IO configs and it fixed it. (Both client and server configs need to have that wither skeleton config off)

Wouldn't happen to have an ender pump in the nether near a nether fortress, would you?

Phyrax

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think to have users turn it off in their configs as well. Much less test that theory myself. I haven't really played on my server lately so I can't really say if there's a pump or not near a fortress. For now I've basically removed a use for the powered spawner.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't think to have users turn it off in their configs as well. Much less test that theory myself. I haven't really played on my server lately so I can't really say if there's a pump or not near a fortress. For now I've basically removed a use for the powered spawner.

Yea, tried the server alone and that caused that "entity Ranged Attribute" thing, until I turned it off in my client as well. Never touched a powered spawner. The issue seemed to be related to that mob so I just nerfed it in the configs. Nothing broke, the server console stopped being spammed and lagging me to death and all was well in the world.

DWDMa2l.png

That was the setting I had to change to false. Actually only happened when there was a pump/chunk loader near the fortress, so as long as the fortress wasn't loaded, it didn't bother me, so it's true again for now.