Ender Track and switch motors

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BruchesXII

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone else had issues with switch motors not recognizing mine carts after traveling through an Ender track? Every time I restart my server the switch motors don't recognize the carts.. I then have to manually replace the switch tracks and motors.

Using FTB Infinity 1.11.0

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What do you mean by the Switch Motor doesn't recognise the carts? A Switch Motor just responds to redstone signal. You must have something else detecting the carts which output the redstone signal to the Switch Motors?

BruchesXII

Jul 29, 2019
My apologies for not being more clear. I am using a tank detector and a player detector from Railcraft with the redstone outputs facing the blocks that the Switch Motors are sitting on. The switch tracks are sitting on top of the detectors.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Must admit that I have never tried having Detectors directly under Switch Tracks. I would actually be concerned that it manage to detect, process, propagate the signal and switch the track before the cart have moved too far.

Do the carts just pass by without the tracks doing anything at all? Do the Detectors output a redstone signal?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Routing Switch motors can detect carts by name and swap the track in time to send them the correct way. Might work even through ender rails.

Reactions: rhn