End portal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
try portal/gravitygun?

Not sure that wil work. But sounds like a fun test.

I think the reason and the same reason why creativly building one fails is there some extra data in there. Meta data should not be changed by the portal gun. But I'm not sure how depent the end portal frame is on its location.

Please do give it a try if you can spare losing the portal. I would love to know if this works.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
tried it, it is impossible to move an end portal with portal or gravity gun.

What about just moving the frame before it is turned on? If it just meta data on the block you should be able to move the frame block by block to a new site then put the eyes in and have it create the portal.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
What about just moving the frame before it is turned on? If it just meta data on the block you should be able to move the frame block by block to a new site then put the eyes in and have it create the portal.
I went and looked for one creatively in my testworld, tried to move the blocks before and after the eyes were inserted. Methinks the guns have been coded to not allow movement of endportal blocks.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
I think the reason and the same reason why creativly building one fails is there some extra data in there.

You can build an end portal in creative mode. You want to build it whilst standing in the middle (so you place the blocks outward), which is the key to the building process for some strange reason.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You can build an end portal in creative mode. You want to build it whilst standing in the middle (so you place the blocks outward), which is the key to the building process for some strange reason.

Really? Oh I gotta test this now. ... well no being when i get off work becuae im a cursty old dude that works for a liveing. So nowish

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
You could always make your own portal with Mystcraft

I dislike Mystcraft in its current build. Also not everyone uses it so it would be valuable data for others.[DOUBLEPOST=1362974056][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ok I just tested this and it does not seem to work. Can you please give a step by step sent of screen shots for us as to how you got this working?

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks... Ok it seems that the issue is this does not work in a custom flatland map. but works perfectly fine with a normal vanilla world set on creative.

I was able to create an end portal using the same method in both a standard flatland map, as well as a custom one (dirt layer removed from standard flatland map).

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to create an end portal using the same method in both a standard flatland map, as well as a custom one (dirt layer removed from standard flatland map).

Note my correction about corners.

Guswut

Jul 29, 2019
Note my correction about corners.

...Why the heck would you fill in the corners? All end portals are a five by five portal sans corners from what I've seen.

But yes, end portals dislike excess end portal frames, and the like. Good show.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The frame blocks (or the portal blocks) can't be moved or destroyed by any means I tried. They are like bedrock in this manner.