ELORAAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I got this 24 seconds after tweet:

Eloraam‏@TheRealEloraam
Another bit of good news - the core of my renderer compiled with fewer changes than I expected! I was really worried about that one.

The render core was one of the two big stumbling blocks in the path of porting code from RP2 - the other is networking. That is still ahead.
tumblr_mzf5jo6Lxg1ql99t0o1_400.gif

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Haha, maybe she just types quickly. I type a lot faster than most folks I know...playing competitive online games before the days of common VoIP communication pretty much necessitated it.

heh, everquest 1 flashback right there... raiding in a european guild, most people still on dialup, oh and there's 60 people typing all at once.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
heh, everquest 1 flashback right there... raiding in a european guild, most people still on dialup, oh and there's 60 people typing all at once.
My dad lived in the testing area for his network provider, so he got to test cable, and still have dialup.
Not that I experienced this, he just told me.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Heh, I used to raid on Everquest, back in Luclin era and the million hit point mob marathons. Oh, even better, I was the pulling monk. And had like three or four conversations going on simultaneously.

So yea, my typing speed went way up.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
Has she said anything about if/how she's planning to integrate her and other mods?
Like using FMP instead of her own microblocks, ... ?

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
I got this 24 seconds after tweet:

Eloraam‏@TheRealEloraam
Another bit of good news - the core of my renderer compiled with fewer changes than I expected! I was really worried about that one.

The render core was one of the two big stumbling blocks in the path of porting code from RP2 - the other is networking. That is still ahead.
she is still gonna have to deal with the new texture format, and that thing in 1.8 where every item is a model.

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
she is still gonna have to deal with the new texture format, and that thing in 1.8 where every item is a model.
New texture format???, Every item is a model?

I assume you mean how MC used bunch of textures in one picture. That was never normally used with forge. Every Item as a model is a little different than you think it is. The real differences are in the method name changes and behind the scenes reworking (like item ids)

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
No, you don't need to write a model for every item, group it in one group (e.g. RPMachine) and just use the block code. Not that hard for cubes. Or anything else that looks like something in vanilla. And for the things that aren't, she already has a model.
If I get this correctly, you don't need to write a new model for each new texture, just make a new texture.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
New texture format???, Every item is a model?

I assume you mean how MC used bunch of textures in one picture. That was never normally used with forge. Every Item as a model is a little different than you think it is. The real differences are in the method name changes and behind the scenes reworking (like item ids)
No, you don't need to write a model for every item, group it in one group (e.g. RPMachine) and just use the block code. Not that hard for cubes. Or anything else that looks like something in vanilla. And for the things that aren't, she already has a model.
If I get this correctly, you don't need to write a new model for each new texture, just make a new texture.
ok, the non-group things won't be bad, but, yes according tho the mojang changelog, in 1.8 every item is a model.

Status
Not open for further replies.