Problem DW20 1.7+ Server Lag issues.

MaGriffw

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings my fellow Diamond chasers,

I've got a decent 'stumper' for you all. Downloaded the latest 1.7 DW20 mod pack (like so many others have) Even did the update of 1.0.1, but so far nothing I've done has touched the issue. Lag. I should call it Lagg just to make it a truly 4-letter word.
First, specs: Running this on a
AMD FX-6100 6-Core 3.30GHz Processor, 8Gig of RAM, 64bit, OS Windows 8.1

Did the usual DL of the server, Unpacked it to it's own folder, tweaked the .bat file just to show the GUI, and started it up to gen. all the usual folders. Pretty much did the same thing for the FTB launcher with the exception that I usually allocate 2gigs of RAM to play the client side (on the same PC.)

I log on, load up, join server (alone) and fight some of the worst lag I have seen in years. Now, the last time this happened was with the 1.6.4 series of the modpack. Back then, I tweaked out the startup.bat files with the coding from Eyamaz Here. Those codes are now out of date, and won't work with the current Java versions. (I currently have 1.7.0_55 for playing Crash Landing, and 1.8.0_25 for other processes; both active)

Now when I'd added those codes back in 1.6.4, the server smoothed right out! Almost Zero lag, even with 5-10 players on at the time. So, back to the issue; with the current 1.7+ build, is there some step I missed in the server setup, java, .bat file, etc. to tame this horrid beast.

I have, so far, tried it by pulling some of the monstrous worldgen heavy mods like Witchery, Blood Magic, etc. but so far, nothing seems to take out the insane lag. It never crashes, so I can't offer a crash report, it just times out, and kicks myself and others off the server. highest tps I've seen so far was Well over 3000+ms constant (not spikes)

So from here, I'm open to suggestions. JVM versions, .bat file changes, etc. Also it seems to be both server/client based, although the client shows it much less in scope. I'd rather not bare-bones the mod list to play with friends, but at this point, with several waiting on me for this one, I turn to the other MC geeks and ask for better suggestions. If you have any questions, specs, ideas, feel free to quiz me further. I'll be checking back to this throughout the next week, and if I come up with an answer, I'll post it here.

Many Thanks,
Griff ^..^/

WayofTime

Jul 29, 2019
I have, so far, tried it by pulling some of the monstrous worldgen heavy mods like Witchery, Blood Magic, etc. but so far, nothing seems to take out the insane lag. It never crashes, so I can't offer a crash report, it just times out, and kicks myself and others off the server. highest tps I've seen so far was Well over 3000+ms constant (not spikes)

Blood Magic does not have World Gen.

twally67

Jul 29, 2019
you could try the fastcraft 1.9.jar he put in his description of dires video it worked for me and my system is about the same as yours.