Dumb Tinkers Contruct Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
I just used some of my first iron and seared bricks to upgrade my tool station and made a stone/wood Hammer, Lumber Axe, Excavator and Scythe. Needless to say early game just became a lot easier.

The hammer just makes huge tunnels insanely fast, even if it's only made of wood and stone. I can only imagine how insane better materials will be on a hammer, though stone does have the advantage it will leave all the goodies in tact so you can Fortune/Silk Touch them. Though a good hammer with Silk Touch... I don't mind Fortuning everything that needs Fortuning after a mining trip.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
I just used some of my first iron and seared bricks to upgrade my tool station and made a stone/wood Hammer, Lumber Axe, Excavator and Scythe. Needless to say early game just became a lot easier.

The hammer just makes huge tunnels insanely fast, even if it's only made of wood and stone. I can only imagine how insane better materials will be on a hammer, though stone does have the advantage it will leave all the goodies in tact so you can Fortune/Silk Touch them. Though a good hammer with Silk Touch... I don't mind Fortuning everything that needs Fortuning after a mining trip.

As I mentioned in another thread, if you put a single lapis on a hammer and use it liberally you will eventually get fortune and looting 3, even if you only mine cobble with it. Anyway, a hammer with 2 steel plates, a steel head, and slime handle gets something like 13k durability, and then of course you can always put electric on it and wear a MPS to keep it charged. In the end with a really good hammer you're looking at needing better inventory management from all the incoming items in the form of the different bags.

Reactions: whythisname

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Super early game: Collect logs and planks. Make basic toolbench. Collect cobble. Make cobble pick. Carry tool bench with you. When pick breaks, repair with cobble. Rinse, wash, repeat until you are ready to upgrade to Alumite/Steel to mine nether ores.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Make two stacks of stone handles.
Make two stacks of cross bars.
Make two stacks of knife blades.

Bring your tool station/tool forge and place it down behind somebody, ideally somebody who has their sound up all the way.

Make two stacks of daggers by putting in a stack of each crafting ingredient and shift clicking. (Turn your sound off or your ears will implode)

Enjoy the noise. And enjoy the rapier coming at a seemingly fast pace towards yourself. And the vajra. That too.

Jess887cp

Jul 29, 2019
Peggle, that is evil.

I am going to have to make a tier 2 autosmelt set though. Charcoal, glass, smooth stone...who wouldn't want such things?

Reactions: PeggleFrank

InfamousAsHell

Jul 29, 2019
Make two stacks of stone handles.
Make two stacks of cross bars.
Make two stacks of knife blades.

Bring your tool station/tool forge and place it down behind somebody, ideally somebody who has their sound up all the way.

Make two stacks of daggers by putting in a stack of each crafting ingredient and shift clicking. (Turn your sound off or your ears will implode)

Enjoy the noise. And enjoy the rapier coming at a seemingly fast pace towards yourself. And the vajra. That too.
This just reminds me of my favourite way of killing things. Make a ton of daggers and just spam them at everything that moves. That's always fun.

Reactions: PeggleFrank