Doc Succubism's Thaumcraft 4 Addon Discussion Topic! (NOW WITH TEASERS)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
OHHHH ANOTHER SUCCUBISM THREAD. YOU KNOW THAT THAT MEANS.

TACTICAL GIF.

71f726bd5d73ebd5714ca375025f4fe8-cat-walks-on-hind-legs-like-a-creepy-little-person.gif

SO. As some of you know I'm in a skype chat with the Thaumcraft Addon guys, where we bounce ideas off each other, play together and beta test each other's mod. I'm orchestrating this thread in the name of keeping people up to date with the growing amount of Thaumcraft Addons that keep popping up as well as show off some of the newest additions that you'll see in the coming editions of existing addons.

Feel free to chat and post your thoughts on the addons and you may even get some questions answered by the addon authors themselves. Beta Testers and results welcome!

Feel free to check out these butts on MCF

Last edited:

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I saw that one on reddit, looks very smexy ;)

but is Botania a thaumcraft addon? I thought it was a standalone magic mod?
It is a standalone mod, however if I'm not mistaken it may have integration.

Don't quote me on that.

bcg17

Jul 29, 2019
finally some dark thaumaturgy ive been waiting a while for soem evil things to do with flux Mwhahaha ehem....
looks good :D

Reactions: Succubism

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Necromancy is a part of Thaumic Exploration, a wip addon, though I'm not sure if flax has implemented any of the necro stuff into a public release yet. You'll have to take that up with him.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
I believe it's going to be an end-game item.
At a guess, I would assume it's active constantly, so long as it's in your hotbar.

I'll have to ask James though, this is just my assumption.

The cliff thing would be pretty funny though.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect for prospecting for firestone! Hopefully the liquid blocks get replaced when you move away, or that's gonna make for some uuuuuugly landscapes.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
that's actually pretty cool, but indeed, lagg... hopefully the lagg won't be that bad in the actual release

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
That makes me think of antechamber, the mother of all mindfucks, as well as Ohaiichun's mod based on it, non-euclidian minecraft physics.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of those awesome but things.

It's amazingly useful but the lag is a real problem. It might possibly just be the fact that it's lava not water he's rendering. If so it may be less laggy in an ocean.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Perfect for prospecting for firestone! Hopefully the liquid blocks get replaced when you move away, or that's gonna make for some uuuuuugly landscapes.
It's my understanding that it creates an orb of air blocks around you that updates with your steps and replaces liquid blocks as you move away from them.