Do you use texture packs or not? If the answer is yes what texture pack do you use?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, It's me again sorry for bothering you I just thought it would be interesting to see what texturepacks people are playing with and if they are or are not using one.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Soartex Fanver with a few tiny alterations(for example don't like the IC2 Quantum, Nano, Hazmat etc. textures, so adding some from Misastyle(Including adding it for Gravisuite)).

Reactions: Bigpak

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Soartex Fanver with a few tiny alterations(for example don't like the IC2 Quantum, Nano, Hazmat etc. textures, so adding some from Misastyle(Including adding it for Gravisuite)).

Alright thank you I appreciate it, do you agree that when its getting old etc and you may be bored trying different texture packs can get you back into the mood?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Alright thank you I appreciate it, do you agree that when its getting old etc and you may be bored trying different texture packs can get you back into the mood?
Ehm well for me the looks of MC is Soartex. It is just so ingrown to me by now. I use it because it improves the quality (64x textures) while staying very true to the style and feel of MC. It is not photorealistic, but it is very clean and crisp which I enjoy a lot. And tbh I haven't seen an alternative for that yet. Either it is lower resolution or you loose the connection to the original MC with other packs IMO.

And it is not really very easy for me personally to switch around too often should I actually wish to. My worlds last very long(I am still in my first and only serious 1.6 world), and changing texture packs would require me to change builds as well as the blocks suddenly don't work together any more.

KurShedir

Jul 29, 2019
I find difficult to play Minecraft with high definition texture packs. I usually play without a texture pack, but sometimes I load the game with the Faithful one or Soartex. But I think I'll switch to Unity once it covers more 1.7 mods.

Reactions: Wagon153

Made_You_Look

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, using John Smith Technicians Remix, as it's one of the 32x packs with the most extensive mod coverage looks good, and sort of "universal". As in not cartoony, hyper-realistic or futuristic etc, and meshes well with any leftover vanilla 16x textures. I mix in a bit of Card's Summerfields FTB work to cover a few missing mods.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't use texture packs, but look forward to the performance boost in 1.8 that is now on the horizon to allow me to use them

Reactions: rhn

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
I use faithful. I like some of the other packs and how they look but I get confused if things look too different from Vanilla. Have been playing for too long I guess :)

Reactions: SatanicSanta

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Misa mixed with Batterered Old Stuff, some John Smith 32 and T42 and then my own efforts for whatever is left.
Can't play MC on 16x textures. Misa is near natural and a bit more neutral (kinder on the eyes) but still designed around the vanilla textures.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Sphax 64x here. I've been using this for so long that there are blocks I won't recognize from their vanilla appearance. I tried switching now and then, but in Soartex I dislike the appearance of some of the most common blocks (dirt and grass and most notably water *shudder*), Faithful looks too much like vanilla and anything else takes too long and/or is too difficult to adapt to Monster.

Reactions: b0bst3r

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
I tried playing with a texture pack for awhile however the massive amount of mods currently in monster before you add up the mods I add on my own, it just turns into a google hunt for textures instead of actually playing.
Sometimes I miss the look that sphax gave the game, but to be honest I like the look of the default textures which are the textures that the mod makers might have envisioned their mods looking like while making them instead of someone else who has no idea what the original vision for the item/mod was.

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
VILLAINCRAFT FUCK YEAH!!!
inYGvOW.jpg

Especially the Asylum version. The minecraft forum page is broken though thanks to the new forum format.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
VILLAINCRAFT FUCK YEAH!!!
inYGvOW.jpg

Especially the Asylum version. The minecraft forum page is broken though thanks to the new forum format.

is that a resource pack or a texture pack? would be awesome if it was a resource pack with sounds aswell

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
is that a resource pack or a texture pack? would be awesome if it was a resource pack with sounds aswell
Is resource pack. Sounds are WIP though. I dunno if the author has been working on it, I think he feels a bit uninspired because his topic on the mcforum is broken, and if he edits it half the post disappears. There's not any mod support, it used to support better then wolves, MightyPork's backpack's mod (which is now Eydamos' mod, which Brokeneye wants to support eventually), the old Powercraft mod, the Turret Mod, and Risugami's mods.