Do not use ender tanks/chests!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well ignoring the issue of chunks disappearing when power surges happen, how about the question of "where or how can I get some info about how to backup worlds?" (I know, Google, but since we're already talking about it...)

Go into this folder: (or whatever your exact file path will look like)
C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\FTB123\Unleashed\minecraft\saves
Copy the world folder from in there.
Put it somewhere else.

Reactions: RedBoss

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
Go into this folder: (or whatever your exact file path will look like)
C:\Users\Adam\Desktop\FTB123\Unleashed\minecraft\saves
Copy the world folder from in there.
Put it somewhere else.
Is there a way to automate this? Maybe a script or something?

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
I also like ForgeBackup, though it needs some configuration from default before it's ready to use. ;)

Reactions: dwappo

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to automate this? Maybe a script or something?

yes.. it's called a batch file.
open up a plain text editor (like Edit)
make a file, call it mcbackup.bat (the .bat bit is important. it's icon should change to a black one with a C:/ in it. showing that it is a command script.
here is what you put in it:

copy "insert full path to the savegame folder here"/*.* "insert full path to where you want your backups here"/

then it's done, so remember to save it as plain text. just doubble click it to make it copy your savegame folder into the backup folder.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
yes.. it's called a batch file.
open up a plain text editor (like Edit)
make a file, call it mcbackup.bat (the .bat bit is important. it's icon should change to a black one with a C:/ in it. showing that it is a command script.
here is what you put in it:

copy "insert full path to the savegame folder here"/*.* "insert full path to where you want your backups here"/

then it's done, so remember to save it as plain text. just doubble click it to make it copy your savegame folder into the backup folder.

And remember to run it each time before you launch MC.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Rule number one of computing: Thou Shalt Backeth it up. Eth.

Actually, I'm not too worried. Given the number of times I feel the urge to restart this only gives me an impetus to do so.