Direwolf's inventory Tricks

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
What mod/keys allow Direwolf to manipulate his inventory the way he does? (Moving a single item up and down between chests and inventory) I thought it was Inventory Tweaks, but I can't find anything on their website about it.

djo201

Jul 29, 2019
You can also Ctrl-Click (or whatever its Mac equivalent is :p) items to move them one at a time

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you hook a mouse in? You know, the standart plug a play jizznit for 10 bucks. Three buttons and a wheel and all that.

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
[Troll: ON]
Nah, he is using a Mac, remember? their mouses don't even have multiple buttons, (it acts as multiples though), and they are quite proud to be different, right?
[/Troll]

Seriously, hat off if you do manage to enjoy playing with the touch pad, I can only use it for standard stuff, like browsing, or anything that doesn't rely on mouse movements.
I did try Minecraft without mouse on the train, but after 10 minutes, I wanted to throw my laptop away...

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is unplayable without a mouse... as are most games... if you enjoy playing like that then hey.. more power to you... you're just a bit strange
(but then, you have a Mac, you're already strange)

Yeraze

Jul 29, 2019
Come to find out, it _does_ work with the macbook trackpad, it's just ridiculously oversensitive. The slightest scroll and I moved a dozen or so items.

Still, it's a neat trick.

As for hooking up a mouse: I often play Minecraft while traveling so space is a premium (both in my carryons and in my lap), so anything external is a pain.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
My son plays using his trackpad. He's quite good with it! Then I screwed him up and bought him a new Windows 8 laptop for xmas and he wants to throw it out the window. Micro$oft- breaking the touchpad trying to interpret every motion as if it was a touchscreen phone lol :)

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Come to find out, it _does_ work with the macbook trackpad, it's just ridiculously oversensitive. The slightest scroll and I moved a dozen or so items.

Still, it's a neat trick.

As for hooking up a mouse: I often play Minecraft while traveling so space is a premium (both in my carryons and in my lap), so anything external is a pain.
Yeah, I know that feeling bro, I still lug a big gamer mouse with my lappie though :D.

How's about something like this? http://www.2dayblog.com/2009/03/30/evergreen-micro-mouse/ I'm sure you could find something similar that suits you.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have a different question but it falls in the category of inventory sorting...figured I'd post it here. At times DW20 clicks his inventory and ALL stacks of an item are placed into a chest (not barrel...I got that part XD).

Does anyone know the key combination to get this done? Tried most I could think of (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Del, etc) but none seemed to work...

Cheers,
Bel*.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I actually have a different question but it falls in the category of inventory sorting...figured I'd post it here. At times DW20 clicks his inventory and ALL stacks of an item are placed into a chest (not barrel...I got that part XD).

Does anyone know the key combination to get this done? Tried most I could think of (Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Del, etc) but none seemed to work...

Cheers,
Bel*.
There's a little three dots button at the top of your inventory. Click it. You can find a lot of different settings in the menu, including key shortcuts.

Beleriond01

Jul 29, 2019
There's a little three dots button at the top of your inventory. Click it. You can find a lot of different settings in the menu, including key shortcuts.

I even used that one but couldn't find it anywhere...might even be a vanilla shortcut for all I know?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019

Cheers,
Bel*.
spacebar and click.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Look in your config folder for InvTweaks.cfg, you can configure all the shortcuts. I believe the shortcut for "move all of the same type" is ctrl+alt by default, but I might be wrong. (I have it bound to Tab since forever.)

Status
Not open for further replies.