Direwolf20 Mod Pack Thaumcraft Setup

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Is this Setup worthy of DW20?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
This is my Thaumcraft Setup, if you have any ideas on how I could improve upon my house here, that would be great.
This house is 17 blocks long, by 12 blocks wide, by 6 blocks tall, and I used Nitor to light the house up.
That is an infinite water source in the at the bottom of the first picture; however, the other three blocks are concealed under the walls of the house.

Thanks for your opinion

2012-12-30_14.11.02.jpg
2012-12-30_14.11.09.jpg
2012-12-30_14.11.16.jpg
2012-12-30_14.11.26.jpg

Codex

Jul 29, 2019
Too many jars, too much cramming into the floor with so much empty space, and no golems. v.v

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
plain bog standard vanilla stone brick doesn't do anything for me.. especially not for a thaumcraft room.. doesn't look very magical.. and yeah, no markers/golems.

KriiEiter

Jul 29, 2019
I would suggest some Xycraft blocks to break up your use of stone brick. Xycraft blocks just seem more "magical" and fit with the Thaumcraft vibe.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Yes Xycraft blocks and bricks would look awesome in there. Especially the bricks mmmm xycraft bricks. Plus no mobs spawn on Xycraft bricks so making a floor out of them is really nice.

oXm6g.png

Reactions: toffeewinks

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
I had markers under all of the stone blocks and under the water source, but I had completely forgot all about the golems, xycraft decretive blocks, and my chest system.
When I am finished I will edit this post, so stay tuned :)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
If markers can work for jars with a block between them and the jar, that's news to me.

Another staple Thaumcraft setup is an Infernal Furnace with its 3 Bellows, a stair for golems (or you) go get up, with a Hungy Chest below the furnace's output or a nearby golem for picking up loose items, and a Brain in a Jar very close to the furnace output. If you're automating Infernal Furnace input with golems, you'll need to rig up an inventory that will automatically spit out items into the input, like a Dispenser.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Looks awesome to me. The nitor is a nice touch and adds an air of magic. I do agree it could have a little more and xycraft blocks, with the shifting animations, would be a great addition. It being above ground and not a 9x9 is not DW20 standards but, it still looks pretty great. Putting the two "devices" in the floor was a pretty nice design as well. (I don't know the names of them, so that's one more thing to put on my to do list...lol)

Reactions: Squidgen

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried it with the golems and sadly my plan to have the markers not shown did not work, I have moved some things around, added an arcane furnace some bellows, xycraft decorative blocks, and stained glass in the ceiling, when I get a change I will edit this post to show the updated room

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
Looking forward to your design. I'm sure it'll inspire my own magic room. I'm trying to wait on Ars Magica before I create my world.

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
I uploaded the changes, any more ideas/changes I should make
(by the way, that was a lot of xycorium)

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, lots of color. Can you actually access the chest the Wooden Golem is assigned to? I didn't think consider that Xychoridite blocks' behavior could mean they don't block chests.

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
I have removed the block above it and added a doorway system to the front of the house, making it look flawless

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I must say, this is fairly sweet! It's the first use of Xycraft stuff that I don't find immediately offensive to the eyes, and that says a lot :p

Definitely something to show your friends.

Flakjakkit

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, 9x9 is important to direwolf20, but he does build other sizes. When he does go bigger, it's important to use odd numbers. 9x17, 11x13, etc. Therefore, 17x12x6 wouldn't work. Tear it down!

Zachary

Jul 29, 2019
the only reason I chose an even width was because of the even multi-block structure from thaumcraft