Problem Direwolf20 1.7 stops loading, stuck in limbo

Grimmy

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys. I already made a post about problems I had with FTB: Monster. I got that working by finding the solution myself after someone told me what the problem with the crashlog was.

However, several people wanted me to switch to direwolf20 1.7, so I tried to do that. I downloaded the modpack, ran the files on my computer using FTB Install and then ServerStart. I changed the eula to "true" and edited the server properties to enable BOP. Despite multiple fresh installs, the server continues to stop loading after it loads the dimensions and worlds. The last thing I see is "unloading dimensions" before it is stuck in purgatory.

I'm using multicraft, 4 GB of ram, supposedly unlimited bandwidth and storage (according to my host). I'm using direwolf20 1.7.10, and I haven't added any custom mods. I am running windows 7 64 bit with Java 7 64 bit on my computer, if that matters at all. The server is running on Java 8, I think. I already tried downgrading to Java 7 to see if that fixed the problem, but it didn't.

If someone could just tell me where in the log the problem is, I will be happy to look up how to fix it myself. I've been trying to look up what might be wrong anyway, but since I don't know what the problem is, it's been a wild goose chase.

Thank you in advance for putting up with my noobness.

I have to give you the dropbox download link because it's too big for pastebin and when I try to copy it into a spoiler it all gets mashed together into an even more confusing mess. I can try uploading it another way if you don't like dropbox. Here it is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lb4dtafe9pjcky8/fml-server-latest.log?dl=0

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I think this might be the problem:

[23:00:26] [Server thread/ERROR] [CoFHWorld/CoFHCore]: Critical error reading from a world generation file: /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server1948/config/cofh/world/.DS_Store > Please be sure the file is correct!
com.google.gson.JsonSyntaxException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 3118
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:65) ~[JsonParser.class:?]
at cofh.core.world.FeatureParser.parseGenerationFile(FeatureParser.java:240) [FeatureParser.class:?]
at cofh.CoFHCore.loadComplete(CoFHCore.java:159) [CoFHCore.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:483) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:513) [FMLModContainer.class:?]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:?]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:208) [LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:187) [LoadController.class:?]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_31]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:304) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:275) [minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:118) [LoadController.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:696) [Loader.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.finishServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:97) [FMLServerHandler.class:?]
at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStarted(FMLCommonHandler.java:319) [FMLCommonHandler.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:210) [lt.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:387) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer$2.run(MinecraftServer.java:685) [li.class:?]
Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Use JsonReader.setLenient(true) to accept malformed JSON at line 1 column 3118
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1505) ~[JsonReader.class:?]
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.checkLenient(JsonReader.java:1386) ~[JsonReader.class:?]
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:531) ~[JsonReader.class:?]
at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.peek(JsonReader.java:414) ~[JsonReader.class:?]
at com.google.gson.JsonParser.parse(JsonParser.java:60) ~[JsonParser.class:?]

Grimmy

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for responding mc.crab.

I just now realized (with the help of a more experienced friend) that the problem was that the world is not generating during the server startup, resulting in limbo.

It's still a problem, because I don't know how to fix it, but I think these error lines you pointed out will be really helpful. I'm guessing I must have installed it incorrectly, although I installed it multiple times in different ways. I will try leaving that ds.store file out when I upload my server files to multicraft, and see if that helps.

Grimmy

Jul 29, 2019
Note... this is happening no matter what pack I try to install, and it's happening on both my computer and on multicraft when I upload server files. This is really strange. Since it's happening no matter what I do, it must be something I'm doing wrong. But no idea what that could be. :/ I run the ftb install, change the eula, run the server, change the server.properties, delete the world, and run the server again. That's all I do.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
It's trying to read this file: /home/minecraft/multicraft/servers/server1948/config/cofh/world/.DS_Store. As far as i know that is a Mac specific file, try deleting it and see if it helps.

Grimmy

Jul 29, 2019
That's strange... I just checked, there is no DS_Store. I don't know how to check for it in my uploaded files, but I checked the copy I have saved on my desktop, and there is nothing. I remember seeing that file in there once before, but it's not there now.

mc.crab

Feb 2, 2013
I think it may be a hidden file, to see it in windows you have to change the folder settings to show hidden files. As far a I remember multicraft should have a built in ftp to allow browsing uploaded files, if not you can use for example filezilla.

Grimmy

Jul 29, 2019
I did show hidden files briefly to look for it, but didn't see it. The server does seem to be generating a world folder... I really have no idea what is going on, but it seems to be 1.7.10 related? I can run Monster 1.6.4 just fine, and had it running before this. If anyone knows the correct installation method for 1.7.10 ftb modpacks on multicraft, let me know. I've tried different ones, but none seem to allow the server to work.

Also tried downgrading to java 7, and it still doesn't work. I really have no idea what I'm missing or doing incorrectly.