Direwolf 1.6.4 World Deleted

methus1

Jul 29, 2019
I recently ran into a problem where my game crashed and it appeared to have deleted my world. Other people have had this problem but their tread was closed so I couldn't post on it. Just want to let everyone know that if your world gets deleted like this and still has a save file in your mod directory, you can restore it by creating a new world with the same name as the name of the original file. I don't know if this works if the world has been renamed though.

Hope this is helpful.

PoisonMinion

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is what I did and now my world is for sure not restoreable. Because now, it has an even worse issue: it does not save. Placing blocks and then leaving the game, I join back and the blocks are not there anymore. The console tells me the file is being accessed from another location.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Well, this is what I did and now my world is for sure not restoreable. Because now, it has an even worse issue: it does not save. Placing blocks and then leaving the game, I join back and the blocks are not there anymore. The console tells me the file is being accessed from another location.

Could you post a log. The error you are describing sounds like an antivirus problem.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Okay not what I thought it was. I thought it was going to say it was a file. You could still try adding the FTB folder to the exclusions list of your antivirus program to see if it helps. Be sure to check any boxes that say 'include sub-folders' Also check to see if you have any other minecraft instances running or Java instances running that might be accessing the files.

PoisonMinion

Jul 29, 2019
I already tried turning off my anti-virus. The part after "saving chunks for nether", everything below it is loop spammed while I have my game open. It only stops when I pause my game via ESC.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Try backing up and then deleting the Nether folder and see if you are able to get in then.