Dimensional Technologies - An Endgame for Redstone Flux (Need feedback/Ideas!!)

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
I am currently getting into Minecraft Forge and modding in general, and already have a decent knowledge of OOP (Object Oriented Programming). I have been brainstorming for a couple weeks now, thinking about what would be awesome to add to the already feature-filled modding community?

Then it hit me, one night while trying to sleep. In my experience, one gets to the end game of machinery and automation WAY to fast. Sure, there are infinite possibilities for automation, but people usually have complete automated ore processing and such up after a few short hours of playing. Then that is it; there is no more progression to be had in terms of energy and technology. Well I am here to fix that.

Introducing... Dimensional Technologies
This mod aims at adding an end-game to machines and tech mods in general in a unique way. But, I am in need of feedback and ideas, greatly. The uniqueness, lies in the fact that there will be a new dimension, theme unknown at this time, where new materials and metals with unique properties will be found. These new materials will be used to create very powerful equipment and machinery. The catch, however, is the fact that some machines, due to the unique properties of the materials, will ONLY run in this dimension. This encourages players to build multiple bases.

Dimensional Gateway:

The mod begins with the player crafting a multi-block structure, called the Dimensional Gateway. This structure is a 5x5 gateway, similar to the portal to the nether. It is comprised of Dimensional Gateway Frame blocks, which won't be to expensive, but also is comprised of three unique blocks; The Ender Dimensional Matrix, the Nether Dimensional Matrix, and the Overworld Dimensional Matrix. Each of these will be crafted with the rarest items from each dimension. Now, this does not seem like much , but, unlike other portals which are just 'magically' powered, this one is powered with Redstone Flux, and a lot of it. I always found that once a player has an abundance of energy stored, there isn't much to do with it. Until now. Once the multiblock structure is built, it will need 10 million Redstone Flux in order to activate.

The New Dimension: The Fluxer

The Fluxer is a brand new, unique dimension added by Dimensional Technologies. This dimension is where most of the content of this mod lies, as new machines added by this mod must be crafted via resources found in this new dimension.

What exactly is the Fluxer? The Fluxer is a dimension consisting of an infinite ocean full of a liquefied Redstone Flux that is deadly to mere humans. It contains new, unique resources with properties never before seen, but ones that could be utilized to create powerful new machines. On this ocean floats many islands, each consisting of its own biome, however, all is not as it seems, for a darkness lies over this dimension.

The Exons
are a race of friendly, incredibly intelligent creatures much more advanced than humans. Unfortunately, their love of technology led to their ultimate downfall. Abandoning their technologically advanced cities, they fled to research facilities deep beneath the waves of the Redstone Flux Ocean, and there they have remained to this day. Friendly to all, they are more than happy to communicate and help the player, if of course, the player can somehow traverse the deadly liquid that is the Redstone Flux.

The Fluxed are primarily the reason for the Exons abandonment of their society. They are more mutated than one could ever imagine, but the disturbing part is the fact that they were once an Exon themselves. Obsessed with furthering their own society, the Exons began experimenting on infusing Restone Flux into themselves to achieve greater natural strength, intelligence, and even immortality. As once can see, this never happened, for The Fluxed soon overran the Exons and ran them out of their cities and laboratories.

Fluxed Golems are constructs created by the Exons to do their manual labor. After the outbreak of The Fluxed, their programming became corrupt and they became hostile to all that encounter them.

Fluxermen are the result of experimentation on the denizens of The End. The Exons were very interested in other dimensions, including The End and the Nether. Fluxermen are the result of Endermen being infused with Redstone Flux. These Fluxermen are much stronger than the traditional Endermen, and do not need to be looked at to be provoked. They are incredibly hostile. Luckily, they usually keep to the ruins of the Ender Laboratories.

Ghluasts are the terrifying result of trying to extract the flying abilities of the Ghast and trying to infuse it into the Exons themselves. This worked, however, the remains of the Ghast was a new creature , smaller, but more powerful than the original. Without having to commit energy to flying, the Ghast could now use that extra energy in attacks. Thus, the Ghulast was born. It uses its tentacles to move along the ground and uses Redstone Flux to fire an energy ball at its enemies. They are found in abandoned Nether Research Laboraties in the Fluxer.

The World of Fluxer:

Fluxer is comprised of an infinite ocean of liquid Redstone Flux; pure energy in the liquid form. In this ocean lies islands containing a multitude of ruins, biomes, resources, and enemies. The following are a few:

Exon Cities are the abandoned cities of the Exons. They contain the homes, shops, and factories of the Exon. They could contain machines, resources, and more. Some materials will only be found in the cities of the Exon, but they are filled with the Fluxed and their Golems.

The following are more structures than biomes:

Power Plant – These abandoned power plants contain dynamos, conduits, empty and full energy cells, and other items from this mod and Thermal Expansion.

Enderium Research FacilityThese facilities are much more dangerous due to them containing Fluxermen. They may also contain random streams of liquefied Ender, and loot such as ender pearls, tesserect frames, etc. The Fluxermen themselves can also be considered loot, due to their drops being useful new crafting materials.

Nether Research Facility The current home of the Ghulasts. These facilities contain these terrible creatures, broken Nether portals, obsidian, and other aesthetics. They also contained Nether Star experiments, leading to flux-infused nether stars. Will you be lucky enough to find one remaining, or possibly directions on how to create your own?

Cryogenics Lab – A cleaner, completely frozen structure used in researching Cryonite, a new material to be discussed below. Blizzes and other frozen mobs from the overworld now walk these halls, forever tormented by the painful experiments performed on them. Deep in the facility lies vaults to where the most dangerous and most unusual items are held. Gelid Cryotheum is plentiful here. It becomes obvious that the Exons have not been able to release the full potential of Cryonite. Can you pick up where they left off?

The Smeltery This is where the Exons would use Pyrotheum to smelt their ores for use. Ores in various processing stages can be found here, as well as smelting machines.

Resources of the Dimension:

Cozonal Nager- The primary "stone" of this dimension, and has a reddish yellow color (Almost a burnt orange)

Fluxed Energon- A dark red soil that makes up much of the top layer of the Fluxer

Fluxed Koll - The grasslike material of the Fluxer (has a darker yellow texture)

Fluxerite - The most common unique metal encountered in the Fluxor. It is extremely delicate when unprocessed, to the point that all a player gets when mined is a powderized form of the metal. However, once processed, it has an incredible resistance to heat and acidic liquids. Only generates in liquid Redstone Flux.

Cryonite - While Cryotheum had been available in Minecraftia, it was unfortunately incredibly impure. This ore, however, is the purest form of the material, so pure in fact, that without proper protection, trying to mine this material will result in permanent freezing and death to the miner. Found in the Cryotheum Mountains? (New biome / island) ?

Pyronite - Like Cryonite, this is the purest form of Pyrotheum, and can be an incredibly powerful material if manufactured properly. As with Cryonite, this material also required proper, and different, equipment in order to gather in its natural form. It can kill if not handled properly. Found in the Pyrotheum Depths (New biome / island) ?

Trosidite - Another new unique metal, found to be resistant to the most powerful pickaxes and other modern methods of mining. Maybe the Exons know how to mine this exotic, very powerful material, and who knows what uses one of the hardest metals ever found may have, and how one would process such a metal?

Fluxak Tree - One of many new types of trees found in the Fluxer. It has a dark red trunk which can be used to make new planks and such, but the unique feature of this tree is the fact that it can be tapped, like tapping a tree for syrup. Instead of getting syrup, one gets Destabilized Redstone instead. Also, once the leaves are broken, they drop Redstone Dust. Tapping for Destabilized Redstone uses a new machine specifically for this purpose. Could possibly have other unique trees that produce other liquids.

I know this was a long read, but please, continue with feedback and ideas! ! Any help is MUCH appreciated! I know machines have not been listed yet, but I would like to fully flesh out the dimension before I begin to list ideas for machines and flesh them out. Thank you all, you are all fantastic and much appreciated!

Last edited:

reversecreeper42

Jul 29, 2019
I like the idea! Would love to play with a mod like this.
Maybe you could add ruins of laboratories or something in the new dimension. (I'm not very creative about stuff like this!)

Sent from my Flux Capacitor using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blorph

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
The idea of having to power the gate is really cool indeed! A great use of rf for those with a surplus and beings me back to the SG days :). As for the dimension, spawning structures is always cool in my mind, maybe adding some functions to increase the danger of exploring it (nether style a bit). Sounds pretty interesting though, good luck!

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks!! I am in college so development will be slow, but this is going to be my passion side-project, but I love the idea of like old structures such as laboratory ruins and such; definitely plan on having things such as that. I guess I need a general theme for the dimension. Like, the nether is fire, Hell, evil, the end is its own unique dimension. We have other dimension mods such as the Aether, Twilight Forest, Erebus, and the alpha version Arctic dimension, and I want this to be truly unique, so I need a different kind of theme. One that would match the idea of the mod being still based on machines, energy, etc.

The only idea I had was a metal and machine world, where everything was basically metal or some form of metal. This could give rise to some unique farming mechanics, which I plan on relating to machinery and Redstone Flux, new materials, mobs, bosses, etc. The only problem is that I have no idea how I would implement this sort of idea and what it would look like.

reversecreeper42

Jul 29, 2019
It would be cool to have a steampunk-style dimension or something. Also, cinnabar plant farms FTW!

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
That is a good idea, and what I've been thinking. A dimension based on technology, but the question is, what kind of blocks would make it up? Like, would there be just a bunch of metal blocks that would be this dimensions "stone"? I feel that might be too bland.. Hmm

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
I got some ideas that are based off of Redstone Flux itself, here are some of them.

The Dimension would be called the Fluxer, it would consist of a infinite ocean of a liquid of a liquefied version of RF that produces 160 RF when refined by a 3x3x3 multiblock called The Flux Refinery (more on that later.), with islands of Fluxrack.

The Flux Refinery will be built like this; a block of shiny metal surrounded by blocks of copper except for the top and the bottom, a block of redstone will be placed on top of the shiny block and a block of gold at the bottom. 4 blocks of electrum on the top corners and 4 blocks of invar on the bottom. The redstone will be the input of the Flux, the aforementioned liquid RF, and the gold the output.

I'm still coming up with more, if you like what you read let me know! :)

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
I do like the idea!! It's just that this mod has a bit bigger of a scope. Like, I plan on having a ton of content, but I would love to implement that idea into the mod

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
Very interesting, do tell cause I do like your first idea! Yes I am looking for all of that. Unique as well. As I said I have a couple machine ideas and was thinking for materials and resources, there should be a longer processing process besides just smelting an ingot.

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
You proably want a special block to check for the multiblock structure though, having blocks of shiny metal do multiblock checks all the time sounds like a horribly bad idea. What would be cool is RF based defense systems that have wireless redstone upgrades so you can place them around your base and have them powered off a central controller. I think that is lacking in RF modpacks.
RF Laser : 10,000 RF / shot -> Fire Damage
RF Offensive Translocator : Ender Pearl + 10,000RF / shot -> Does void damage by temporarily dislocating monsters to the void.
RF Plasma Ray : Redstone + 1,000 RF -> Uses hyperenergized redstone plasma to deal n hearts of damage
RF Luminous Flash Charge : Glowstone Dust + 1,000 RF -> Energizes Glowstone to cause a blindness inducing flash in affected mobs,

What would also be nice is a Second Sun, even though I'm not sure about implementability. 4 Beacons in a cross pattern, 4 Glowstone Illuminators and a Redstone Conductance coil in the center. It simulates sunlight even underground and at night, setting fire to undead mobs and allows plants to grow even if there's a sunlight requirement enabled.

I2C has extra boats right? Why not add a RF powered boat that goes faster than the vanilla boat, and instead of breaking due to collisions, depletes it's internal redstone reservoir?

There's tons of redstone flux bases tool and weapons. Why isn't there a redstone based bow or gun outside of MPS? Plasma weaponry (consumes Redstone and RF), Portable Rail Guns (consumes metal nuggets and RF) and Lasers come to mind. Armor based on the patented Redstone Kinetic Retribution System would also be wicked. Or the Ender Automatic Distancing System.

Since you're theming it around TE and TE science, I'd say that if you're custom generating structures, they should follow the redstone, ender, glowstone, pyrotheum, cryotheum materials theme.
RF - Broken Power Plant, containing Dynamos, Conduits, Energy Cells, Wrenches, and assorted parts from TE and your Mod.
Ender - Enderium Core, black Obsidian buildings filled to the brim with Endermen, Dimensional Irregularities, random streams of liquefied Ender, and loot such as tesseract frames, ender pearls, buckets of ender, etc.
Glowstone - Gas extraction plant, bustling with luminous Wraiths, Aether Shifters and Glowstone mites.
Pyrotheum - Grand Smeltery, a structure out of various kinds of Bricks, filled with fire and brimstone, and various ores in different processing stages.
Cryotheum - Cryogenics Lab, a clean, frozen structure that reeks of experiments gone wrong. Now blizzes and various half frozen vanilla mobs, driven mad from brain freeze inhabit these halls. Strange concotions sit deep in storage, waiting for brave adventurers to find their secrets.

For the general landscape, I think nobody has done procedually generated ruined cities before, which would be extremely rad. Imagine a massive culture of people that experimented with the wonders of these materials, till something went extraordinarily wrong, killing most of them and converting the rest into wretched creatures that haven't feasted in centuries.

That's about as much creativity you'll get out of me right now though, good luck with your mod.

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
Wow those are fantastic ideas. I wasn't ever going to use that exact multi block, I just liked the general idea of it but yeah that does make sense.

The defense system idea is really cool, there is only MFFS that really does true base defense, so I like that. The second sun idea I love, not only could it do that, but it could also be required maybe for new plants and trees from the dimension, especially if you want them to be grown in the over world rather than that dimension.

As for tools, one of the ideas I already had was a modular drill system, where there's a new crafting station where you can build your own drill with different components. I like the weapons idea and I definitely plan on implementing new kinds of tools.

One idea I had is that pickaxes and axes don't work on things in this dimension, they are too primitive, so there would be a new, expensive tool type for this dimension specifically.

Just so you know, all of those structures will probably be in my mod hahs they're fantastic. The only issue the destroyed city dimension as the general terrain, I don't know how I would implement mining and such still for new materials, know what I mean? Now if that was just a massive biome then that could work, yeah that would be pretty awesome. The general theme of the world would be a very intelligent race of people who dabbled a little to much about technology and it turned against them. It could be like a post apocalyptic world. I like it!

reversecreeper42

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it's official. This mod will be amazing! Also, love the idea of an extinct civilization!

Skyqula

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds alot like the plans Alz454 had for Enhanced Portals, that mod is open source so might be worth a look into (also works on RF).

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
These are some of the ideas I had in mind for mobs.

Fluxed Golem: The Fluxed Golem has 30 hit points and is hostile to everything including the Player. Its attacks are Fluxed Burst and Fluxed Kick. It looks like the Player except for having no head and its face on its body.

The Fluxed: The Fluxed are the long-dead remains of the former inhabitants of The Fluxer, The Exons, The Fluxed have 20 hit points and are 3 blocks tall and 2 blocks wide and thick with 4 legs and 2 arms.

The Exons: The Exons are found deep underneath the Flux ocean in domes of fluxproof glass crafted with the material found on the bottom of the ocean called Cozonal Nager.

I want to see what you come up with for The Exons. Keep in mind The Fluxed are, well, fluxed versions of The Exons, meaning they are mutated more than you can imagine.

More ideas for The Fluxer

Cozonal Nager is The Fluxer version of stone and looks like reddish yellow.

The sky is permanently ovarcast with red clouds with Flux Discharge's occuring ever 5 minutes.

There is a day night cycle of day lasting 3 minutes with the night lasting for 15 minutes, the cycle speeds up for 6 cycles and slows down for 12 cycles.

The citys will be on islands of Fluxed Energon(This is The Fluxer's version of dirt.) that are covered with Fluxed Koll(yellow grasslike texture.).

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
So, I really love where this is going and am preparing to re-write the OP to showcase these fantastic new ideas that I am using. These new mobs will work great , and I like the idea of the Fluxed and the Exons. The Exons could be a friendly race of this dimension, and could trade with the player, but possibly in a unique way. This would also be fantastic in conjunction with the Hardcore Quest Mod.

Relating to your idea, I like the name of the dimension as the Fluxer, and it being comprised of an elder race who dabbled a little to far with Redstone Flux , and thus many of them became corrupt and mutated severely, except a few who managed to escape and protect themselves in these new establishment, perhaps under the oceans of the liquid Redstone Flux, or whatever name it actually is. I really like that idea, which also opens up the opportunity to have special equipment in order to swim in the liquid Redstone Flux or equivalent liquid.

I like the whole islands in the ocean idea, but I feel that limits it possibly, for players may not wish to just travel this ocean for chunks at a time looking for different biomes on different islands. But I really like the ideas of having the Exons underwater or underground possibly, hiding from their mutated counterparts. Instead of making them islands, possibly just make these ocean biomes more prominent than other biomes, because i like that idea that a lot of the world is this liquid, but I feel making it all this liquid might put off other players and could limit content if everything would be islands. Unless , you think that would be better than traditional generation? It could easily be done, I am just curious if players would enjoy exploring an endless ocean rather than on terrain.

As for the resources that make up this dimension, I really like the resources that have been thought of so far.

Cozonal Nager - The primary "stone" of this dimension, and has a reddish yellow color (Almost a burnt orange)

Fluxed Energon - A dark red soil that makes up much of the top layer of the Fluxer

Fluxed Koll - The grasslike material of the Fluxer (has a darker yellow texture)

Fluxerite - The most common unique metal encountered in the Fluxor. It is extremely delicate when unprocessed, to the point that all a player gets when mined is a powderized form of the metal. However, once processed, it has an incredible resistance to heat and acidic liquids. Only generates in liquid Redstone Flux.

Cryonite - While Cryotheum had been available in Minecraftia, it was unfortunately incredibly impure. This ore, however, is the purest form of the material, so pure in fact, that without proper protection, trying to mine this material will result in permanent freezing and death to the miner. Found in the Cryotheum Mountains? (New biome / island) ?

Pyronite - Like Cryonite, this is the purest form of Pyrotheum, and can be an incredibly powerful material if manufactured properly. As with Cryonite, this material also required proper, and different, equipment in order to gather in its natural form. It can kill if not handled properly. Found in the Pyrotheum Depths (New biome / island) ?

Trosidite - Another new unique metal, found to be resistant to the most powerful pickaxes and other modern methods of mining. Maybe the Exons know how to mine this exotic, very powerful material, and who knows what uses one of the hardest metals ever found may have, and how one would process such a metal?

Fluxak Tree - One of many new types of trees found in the Fluxer. It has a dark red trunk which can be used to make new planks and such, but the unique feature of this tree is the fact that it can be tapped, like tapping a tree for syrup. Instead of getting syrup, one gets Destabilized Redstone instead. Also, once the leaves are broken, they drop Redstone Dust. Tapping for Destabilized Redstone uses a new machine specifically for this purpose. Could possibly have other unique trees that produce other liquids.

These are some ideas I have come up with today! I will now be re-writing the OP to reflect these ideas and to gather all of these ideas in one post. Thank you all and please keep ideas and feedback coming!

As a side note. Please keep in mind , I have VERY little experience in forge. I can only add basic blocks and items as of now, but as stated, I am studying Software Engineering in college and have decent Object Oriented Design knowledge, so I will be slowly learning Forge and how to do things with it over the next couple weeks, but would love to keep this thread going with a massive collection of ideas. I may not have much time overt he next couple weeks due to increasing school work, but I promise, this project WILL NOT be abandoned. So please, keep the ideas coming!

SirDoctorOfTardis

Jul 29, 2019
For the islands I was thinking large, like 500-1500 blocks in diameter and the ocean 2000-6000 blocks between islands, and the islands having a pattern like this:

Dr_Who_roundels_wallpaper_by_RSAntilles.jpg

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
That would work perfectly! You got me on board with the ocean and island idea. Please, review the edited OP where I have compiled the ideas thus far and let me know what you think!

JOBGG

Jul 29, 2019
Why would you tap the trees if there's oceans of the stuff lying around? I'd make the seas out of acidic flux, the results of a large cloud of gaseous redstone reacting with the water that used to cover these oceanns. That's also deal with the fact that energized redstone doesn't deal damage to the player when stood in. You could cover the sky in a layer of redstone smog that damages the player when stood in, in order to give the world a more cave like, claustrophobic appearance. The cataclysmic event could be the research on the "third sun", a device designed to lift the world from its rapidly changing day and night cycle and the slow death of their sun. As the third sun collapsed due to instabilities in the flux containment field, it sent out rays of highly energetic radiation which led to the mutation of the local populace. For the original populace, i'm thinking slender, slightly taller than the player npcs that have covered their faces due to the shame of destroying their world, and for the mutated, hunched versions of the same that move similar to gorillas, with glowing cysts on their bodies and partially charred skin.

falcon7371

Jul 29, 2019
Okay that makes sense, so the oceans could be Unstable Flux, which makes much more sense, and high above could be a transparent red block that could be a cloud block that is very dangerous to interact with, but there could possibly be a machine that could use those to produce energy or something. I do like that idea, and possibly this device backfired, and instead of slowing the death of the sun, it sped it up. There is now only one sun in the sky and the say cycle is very short compared to night. I could come up with a unique cycle schedule, like someone stated above to add variety to the environment[DOUBLEPOST=1414463552,1414426633][/DOUBLEPOST]So.. I have learned that I suck at textures.. any one decent at texturing?