Windows .exe Crashes when loading Direwolf20 pack

Melissa

Jul 29, 2019
Every time I boot up the Direwolf20 pack, it goes through the motions of loading it up but eventually it shuts right off without leaving an error message. I have included my DxDiag.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.4 KB · Views: 64

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Open the FTB Launcher, click Options. Make sure "Reopen launcher when minecraft closes" and "show console" are on. Start the DW20 pack. When it closes, the console will open again. Click the "post my log to pastebin.com" and link that here.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
You are using 32-bit Windows Vista, and thus 32-bit Java. This means you are unable to run a majority of the 1.6.4 packs due to not being able to assign enough RAM to run them (hence the crashes). Even if you did, you only have 2 GB of RAM, which is the minimum recommended RAM needed to assign to Java for these packs, which is not possible as your system is also using RAM at the same time.

The only 1.6.4 FTB pack that is designed to run on 32-bit systems is FTB Lite 2. See if you can run that pack; if not, please post a new console log to pastebin.com and we will help you get at least that running.

The only long-term "solution" to this for you is to get a new computer with a 64-bit OS and more RAM.