CPU and Ram usage Fix

Jester Master

Jul 29, 2019
I am running a unleashed server and had the issue of the game maxing out CPU usage on my dualcore. Allocating more ram was not doing the trick. I did some research on this forum and found several idea's and solutions. I used tried many different trick and had found I had other issues also. So I came up with a solution I would like to share that helped me allot. I went into the ~/unleashed/config/mystcraft and edited the core.txt and found the instabilities and changed it from true to false. I also opened the ServerStart in notepad and took a few of the solution I needed and worked them into a very little helpful script.

It cuts my CPU usage from 100% down to 12% even with 5 to 6 players. It dumps the memory and uses less than having to use some much that I was using before (4 down to 2). It has the muli-threading in there which i believe is suppose to proerly use both CPU's evenly and by what I see it does that nicley. It removes the server window which I find I didnt need and find to be a waste of resource.

I am not claiming to have come up with these solutions and I am not trying to take credit for it either, I did have to figure a way for them to all work together to get the desired results that I was looking for. I feel I have done that and for me it was around a 80% to 90% Drop in all resource. But I want to share with anyone else having these issues as I found most of my solutions here and feel the need to give back. Just copy paste into the ServerStart.bat

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx2G -Xms2G -Xmn1G -XX:permSize=1g -XX:NewRatio=2 -XX:CMSFullGCsBeforeCompaction=1 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=2048 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -Xnoclassgc -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=90 -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:UseSSE=4 -XX:+UseCMSCompactAtFullCollection -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1G -cp ftbserver.jar -jar ftbserver.jar nogui[DOUBLEPOST=1380469462][/DOUBLEPOST]I apologize, those that should say PermSize and the other should say ParrallelGCThreads. both with the double dots ( : ) infront of them.