Converting FTB 1.5.2 beta world to FTB Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Hi.

I was playing a lot on FTB beta 1.5.2 with Gregtech and now since Unleashed is public, I would like to continue playing in this modpack, but....

When I start the server for FTB Unleashed with my old world from Beta pack, the server crash, when I try to log in. New world is working but the old one from Beta is not. I manually added Gregtech (to server and client) and I think I did it right. I got some issues with missing IDs but that I solved.

Here is pastebin from the server log when I tried to log in: http://pastebin.com/Gwe59DEf

If any more info is needed, I will gladly provide it. I really want to play on Unleashed, but I don't want to loose my buildings - it took me long time to build them...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Perm gen error. Add the following line to the additional java parameters on the launcher
Code:
-XX:PermSize=256m

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Still exactly same problem. My server is set to Xms1G and Xmx4G so i thing I have enough of memory alocated to server (i have 16gb ram)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Make sure you have java 7 and not java 8. If it still persists try updating to 8. If both fail then it might not be possible to get it working. Mac's don't like to play ball with java all the time.

Wong thread! Sorry!

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I dont use Mac I am on PC. As I said New World is working fine, but world from 1.5.2 beta is not... I cant find Java 8 in java.com webpage...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Sorry about that responded to the wrong thread.

There is someone else saying they're having problems with forward compatibility from the beta as well so I'll reply back if I find anything of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.