Cider's Stuff

CiderCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Would my mods add anything worthwhile to the pack?

CiderBoats: Carbon and Rubber boats that can survive stronger collisions, and when they do break, they drop the boat item instead of component parts.

CiderSteel: Adds Railcraft's steel to IC2's refined iron oredictionary entry, allowing it to be used in any IC2 (and addon) recipe that properly uses the oredictionary. Intended for slowing down progression in IC2, so that you need nether access instead of jumping straight from pointy sticks to electricity (assuming you don't just make refined iron, but if you would, why install this?)

ForestryCider: Just a bit of fun, lets you make cider from all those excess apples from forestry oak tree farms. We have apple juice, fermenters, but not the logical combination of the two. Until now! Gives a short regen effect.

Reactions: Misticblade7

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
Forcing IC2 to use Railcraft steel is brilliant! I always thought it really iffy how early that you can get into IC2 machines based on a new world, so I really like how it changes that. And I'm a sucker for BC Liquids, so I would love to make a giant railcraft tank full of Apple Cider. If you update either of these mods I know I'll use them.

CiderCraft

Jul 29, 2019
Not forcing it, 1: haven't worked out how to safely disable refiron recipe and 2: I'd probably break something if I did, especially other addons that don't use oredictionary for refiron. It's a self-imposed rule to use steel instead of refiron, I just think blast furnaces are cool, I want a big steel factory with more stuff to use with it, and it really slows down IC2 progression.

CiderCraft

Jul 29, 2019
CiderSteel will be obsolete in RailCraft 6.8, Covert is adding the functionality as a config option.