Mod Feedback ChromatiCraft questions and suggestions

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
That system is being redesigned.
OK. I take it you mean the new augment system of which the tile accelerators are now one type. Too bad the efficiency augments don't work as yet and there is no silk touch augment yet, but I'll wait. Two more observations:

(1) Aren't the tile accelerators supposed to accelerate all machines around them? I found they won't work on some EnderIO machines. Is that by design?
(2) The Mineral Extractor doesn't recognize harder ores from the Reasonable Realism/Harder Ores mod. I'd consider it desirable that a machine that takes such a great effort to acquire can recognize them.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Did you attempt a casting? The repeaters will only draw power if you attempt a casting, and the colors are drawn in a particular order, so if you have one pylon connected and another not, nothing at all may happen.So really, unless you have the complete three-pylon network plus ritual altar built and attempt a casting it is quite likely that nothing will happen.
Aah, can't believe I didn't try that. Gods, I'm slow, lol.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
(1) Aren't the tile accelerators supposed to accelerate all machines around them? I found they won't work on some EnderIO machines. Is that by design?
Nothing that uses world time or TickHandlers can be accelerated.

(2) The Mineral Extractor doesn't recognize harder ores from the Reasonable Realism/Harder Ores mod. I'd consider it desirable that a machine that takes such a great effort to acquire can recognize them.
They are not in my registries, nor can I since there are too many variants.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
Draco had a machine specifically for packing the ore drops into a block for sending to Reika's machines. While I don't know the details, from what I understood, he had trouble dealing with a change in the DragonAPI for getting it recognized. (That was for RotaryCraft, not ChrC).

As for the raw ground blocks, they come in 0-15 meta datas, one for each ore. Roughly, a :7 should be equal to a normal vanilla ore block, just taking more time to mine out.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Crash when removing a world rift with the elemental manipulator.

Crashlog at http://pastebin.com/hV0phD7G
another one: http://pastebin.com/mQsQysLm

I didn't have this in v12. This happens every time I place the second of a pair of world rifts, and when I attempt to remove one. When removing, the game crashes but the rift isn't removed, and I can only get rid of it by switching to creative mode.

Last edited:

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Got a quick question: how's the lumen beacon work, exactly? Do I need to build one near the far away pylons and another next to my base? I assume, since it has a multichromic repeater inside, that it can handle more than one colour...also, do they need to be orientated similarly to one another, if I do, indeed, need to set up a pair?

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Got a quick question: how's the lumen beacon work, exactly? Do I need to build one near the far away pylons and another next to my base? I assume, since it has a multichromic repeater inside, that it can handle more than one colour...also, do they need to be orientated similarly to one another, if I do, indeed, need to set up a pair?
Build two very close to orthogonally, ensure LOS is clear, and they can transmit ~4km. It's intended for transmitting over an ocean or similar, in the case that you end up with no pylons of a certain color on your island.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Build two very close to orthogonally, ensure LOS is clear, and they can transmit ~4km. It's intended for transmitting over an ocean or similar, in the case that you end up with no pylons of a certain color on your island.
Aye, tis just what I did and they work magnificently. Also, confirmed that they do, in fact, work like multi-aura repeaters, just with longer range and, apparently, higher attenuation.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
...Is it normal for things to just kind of stop progressing when power's coming from a beacon? Power from proper repeaters works just fine, but I have to restart things a lot if power's coming from my beacon. Seems that the "getting stuck" thing causes the ritual table to crash Minecraft, as well.

therodet

Jul 29, 2019
Aah, can't believe I didn't try that. Gods, I'm slow, lol.

Evidently I am still missing something ... I have my repeaters set up, each within 16 blocks of each other or a pylon node, linking the colors for surge suppression to a ritual altar. The repeaters make the no connection noise when I hit them with the manipulator, and the ritual altar never draws any energy when I start it up. All available achievements except for Lumen Harnessing are complete.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Evidently I am still missing something ... I have my repeaters set up, each within 16 blocks of each other or a pylon node, linking the colors for surge suppression to a ritual altar. The repeaters make the no connection noise when I hit them with the manipulator, and the ritual altar never draws any energy when I start it up. All available achievements except for Lumen Harnessing are complete.

I got it after leading the 3 colours needed for the ritual to the altar, didn't need to do the actual ritual itself. Not that I really had time to do so, since many of the repeaters almost immediately exploded. I dunno what else I did special other than that, just led Kuro, Karmir, and Kitrino to the altar and, poof, progress unlocked.

Also, I think I might still be an idiot, I'll have to check. The power from the receiving beacon is coming from the beacon block itself...I dunno, but that doesn't sound right to me since the power has to go into the sending beacon at the multi-aura repeater. Might try adjusting a few things and trying it out again. Hopefully, I'm right and that's the cause of my problems and can bind an ability to myself without crashing.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Hey Reika, how would you feel about adding some Iridescent Crystal Lamps? Basically crafted the same way as the regular lamps, for a purely decorative version of the Power Crystals. :)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can anyone tell me how to use the "Location Warp" ability? If I activate it, I get a GUI with options to go to, remove or add a location, but after I select "add point", nothing happens. I can't type anything, I can't interact in any way except switching between the two pages of the gui, selecting one of the other (as yet meaningless) options to result in nothing, leaving the gui or hitting "Add Point" again, after which of course nothing happens again.

@Reika
I read your comment in the Reddit thread. I agree that ChromatiCraft progression is not hard to to figure out almost all of the time, but the question "How the heck do I use this thing" comes up rather more often than comfortable, and since mostly it's just an interface problem rather than a question of in-world logic, I think more documentation about that is desirable. For instance, I would've never tried to click the mousewheel to call up the special ability list if someone hadn't told me. Another example is the item inserter. That you can do nothing with it unless you link it to something first with the linker is not intuitive at all. I'd expect a machine that interacts with other machines/places/inventories to work if it's placed at the other one's side, or on top. Or, as in this post, the Location Warp ability. How the heck does that work?

Last edited:

therodet

Jul 29, 2019
I got it after leading the 3 colours needed for the ritual to the altar, didn't need to do the actual ritual itself. Not that I really had time to do so, since many of the repeaters almost immediately exploded. I dunno what else I did special other than that, just led Kuro, Karmir, and Kitrino to the altar and, poof, progress unlocked.
-snip-
Sounds pretty much life what I've done, but no explosions or any other reaction. Beginning to wonder if it's a mod interaction issue, or maybe because I'm in an RFTools dimension. Guess I'll just continue looking for things to try.

-- Edit --

Seems a single piece of grass was defeating me. Ignore my previous whining

Last edited: