ChickenChunks.cfg question

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I am using the mindcrack pack v8.1.1 and had some questions about chunkloaders.

What items does allowoffline = false work on from this config file? Will it work on turtles or other items with chunk loaders?

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
I'm no expert on chunkloaders, so what I write may be wrong. However, my understanding (and what we've found to be the case on our server) is that a chunk loader replaces you, or the player so to speak. So once the size of the chunk is set (eg, 3 chunks) anything in that area is treated the same as if the player were there. Equipment, machines, monsters, animals...all would be tracked by the game. So, yes, turtles are tracked, too (as long as the turtle stays within the boundary that the loader has set. Setting that config to true means that the loader will work with the player offline, setting it to false means it will work only if the player is logged in. Some servers require a player to be online before it will work (false), some don't allow for chunkloaders at all.

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
Ok.... So MiscPerph chunk loaders modules work with this config option?

Is there any other items? Like quarries? Portals? ect.

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft quarries and portal guns keep their own chunks open. They won't need a chunkloader to operate correctly. We're trying to keep portal guns out of the mix for now as we think they drag too much on the CPU. We've also started limiting quarry size to one chunk (16 x16 blocks).

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
BC quarries and portal guns keep their own chunks open, so no, as far as I know they don't won't work with that config option. (The rest was free advice.)

Did I hit it that time?

mmorton89

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry I did not mean to sound rude.

Buildcraft quarries and portal guns keep their own chunks open. They won't need a chunkloader to operate correctly.

This part just confused me then you started talking about your server, I seriously thought you might have replied to the wrong thread. lol

Anyways thanks for the info.