Check out this new Thaumcraft feature - Thaumostatic Harness

Discussion in 'General FTB chat' started by UncagedBlue, Jun 7, 2013.

1. the_j485

the_j485 Popular Member

Don't be so picky ;)

UncagedBlue and PeggleFrank like this.
  2. Dravarden

Dravarden Well-Known Member

You haven't meet me, right?

PeggleFrank likes this.
  3. Poppycocks

Poppycocks Popular Member

*met

PeggleFrank and the_j485 like this.
  4. the_j485

the_j485 Popular Member

Yes, I much meet you but you like dgdas look, yes?

PeggleFrank likes this.
  5. Dravarden

Oh sorry, I have made a mistake, I guess I should leave the forums and end my life now.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  6. Jess887cp

Jess887cp Popular Member

Touchy...

Anyway, I support creative-style flight, because jetpacks are horrible for building, MPSs and Gravichestplates are way too expensive. Now excuse me while I puke my guts out. I hate butter.

7. Poppycocks

Poppycocks Popular Member

:D :D :D

Do it with honour!

[​IMG]

PeggleFrank and RedBoss like this.
  8. the_j485

the_j485 Popular Member

No, do it slowly and painfully. With his friends and family watching.

PeggleFrank likes this.
  9. Phantom27

Phantom27 Active Member

They are called the Goliath's Leggings and are essentially an upgraded version of the old Thaumaturge's Leggings. They offer more protection, a higher vis discount when crafting thaumcraft stuff, and in addition, if you have more than 2.5 hearts and you receive a blow that would normally kill you, the leggings keep you alive with half a heart left. Overall they are pretty cool and fairly cheap, great for early game.

Seppuku (the method of suicide seen in the picture) was noted as a slow and particularly painful one.

From what I recall, it was common among samurais because it was viewed as honourable and granted redemption from anything that weighed down their conscience.

10. Necr0maNceR

Necr0maNceR Member

The Goliath's leggings are from Thaumic Tinkerer, right?

11. Chocorate

Chocorate Popular Member

Is there any wiki that's updated to this stuff? These are the things that really need a wiki..

12. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

13. Phantom27

Phantom27 Active Member

Yes, you're right. All the Thaumic Tinkerer research and items are really well integrated with Thaumcraft, so it's a bit hard to tell what's added by TC and what by TT.

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately...

I've completed about 80-90% of the research though, so I can give hints if anybody needs help.

Chocorate likes this.
  14. Dravarden

Everything added by TT has a [TT] in its name

15. Chocorate

Chocorate Popular Member

I wish NEI had a thaumcraft cheat mode. That would be a special option which could be turned off on servers. So everyone is happy. Except prissy little Gregtech-esque people who say that you need to research it and do it the legit way or you're not a complete person. I love those guys.

Phantom27 and PeggleFrank like this.
  16. RedBoss

RedBoss Never Leaves

I've not seen TC snobs but oh well

17. Chocorate

Chocorate Popular Member

They do exist. Not nearly as common as Gregites but still judgmental. I love TC3 but I also hate it. It's a great mod, i just suck at it. :'c same with bees.

18. Phantom27

Phantom27 Active Member

Not exactly what you are asking for, but Thaumic Tinkerer does add an item to help speed up research and make it less tedious if you are playing on a server, the Tome of Knowledge Sharing. It doesn't have a recipe however, so it needs to be cheated in. Here's a pic of its in-game description:

[​IMG]

Chocorate likes this.
  19. UncagedBlue

UncagedBlue Active Member

Is the 0.5 beta pack stable enough to make a world on or is that a custom pack?

20. Phantom27

Phantom27 Active Member

It's the beta pack.

It's definitely stable enough, I generated this world in 0.3 and so far it's been great. Got a few crashes the first few days, but ever since it got updated to 0.4 everything's been fine. Keep in mind that there are several mods that aren't included in the pack as of now, but they seem to add more and more every time it updates to a new version. 0.5 for example added the minimap, soul shards and mystcraft, all of which were absent before.