Charcoal + XP Farm

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
My newest tree farm setup, I wasn't satisfied with my two mfr jungle tree farms i had running, so i decided to upgrade to a redwood tree farm.

bQiZ3WV.png

I switched over from the harvester to an unbreakable fortune 3 auto-smelting TiCo Lumber Axe inside an Autonomous Activator
NTtrNdT.png

I left it running on my testing world for an hour and(assuming you have the fertilizer) It produced around 340k charcoal, 6k saplings and enough xp to get me from level 2 to level 118
gXFsOcB.png

You can use whatever you like to pick up the items, i just set up a rotarycraft item vacuum and a steam engine to power it

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
Everything you need for it is in that picture

Obsidian Head with a Paper Handle, Binding, and Plate
Nether Star, Notch Apple+Diamond Block, Diamond+Gold Block for the extra modifiers
7 Obsidian Plates, Lava Crystal and lapis for the rest of it

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
The highlands one actually, the bop one should work, but you might need to shift the fertilizer over because of the trunk shape

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
you should try doing some forestry tree breeding using gendustry
you can create a sappling which will produce a tree with a 3x3 grid, is very tall and has alot of leaves
heck, you can even have it so it'll mature very quickly and produce a ton of apples and sapplings

I've got one of those trees going in my test world, and it seems MFR can't even keep up with the number of sapplings and apples that are dropping

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad but I prefer oak for tree farm due to dropped apples for apple juice in fertiliser.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Not bad but I prefer oak for tree farm due to dropped apples for apple juice in fertiliser.

small note on the forestry tree breeding again, you can actually take that genetic from an oak sappling, to produce apples, and put it on another type of tree sapling

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Its an efficient build but its also a no brainer to anyone who has ever used a TiCo lumber axe. Its too easy, its got no style, its boring.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I know that would work out the best but to be honest I have no idea about tree breeding at all. I will gent into it one day.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I know that would work out the best but to be honest I have no idea about tree breeding at all. I will gent into it one day.

so do I, I have no idea how I would have to breed them all manually into a sapling like that, luckily Gendustry helps a ton with this

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
How do you get a notch apple legit? ;)

And what if the redwood grows bigger then 30 blocks?

But got to admit, I love the design!

Solotov

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a notch apple either as a rare drop from the dyetrees rainbow tree or by crafting 8 gold blocks around an apple.

I was also having a problem with the forestry trees, The config for fast leaf decay doesn't seem to work on them

As for the redwood, i've had this running for awhile now, and i havent yet seen one too tall to be cut down