[Challenge] ME Transition Plane Contraption

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I find that this is the most useless block in game ATM (until ME Block Deployer comes out, heck, I think he'll still use the same block). But I want you guys to try to prove me wrong.

Rules:

Don't post designs already posted.

Real Contraption: Worth 50 points.

Rube Goldberg Contraption: Worth 10 points.

(Bonus) Pure AE (Automation included in such contraption must be purely AE based): + 50 points.

(Bonus) Craft-on-Demand (Design must use an ME Interface and must be able to request an item via Terminal): + 25 points.

Let the games begin.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
With a Challenge thread it is normally good to start with an example of your own. You know to inspire people.

Anyone can post a thread with "HEY GUYS BUILD THIS FOR ME" but a good challenge thread shows them something and give people an idea of what you are looking for.

So lets see your Contraption.

Reactions: RedBoss

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
The whole point of this thread is that he has no idea what the hell you're supposed to do with it, so he's asking us if there's a use.

As for my own (rather lazily done) suggestions;

A surprisingly efficient cobblegen:

An old-style tree farm (Does this even still work? I wouldn't get bonemeal to grow the tree...)

An extremely inefficient and expensive sugarcane farm:

The same principle could be applied to pumpkins and melons as well.

there's also an old idea I had for a peat farm using pistons and block breakers, which this could be using in to great effect, though again being rather expensive...

A bloody ridiculous snowball farm, which seriously generates one snowball every fricking tick, but also causes a noticable lag jump;

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019
I guess I'll have to wait til Block Deployers come out :/. Melon farm sounds like a nice idea though.

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
If you have the Redstone in Motion mod installed, it can also be used as basically the exact same thing as a block breaker, though a lot more compact.

active diamond

Jul 29, 2019
well it sounds nice for a cobble gen especially at first im using a 1.6 pack and withought an ignis extruder its hard getting enough cobble for a massive castle and mining it all out with a iron pick sounds no fun so this could be handy(since i wanna get my base setup before i make anything

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have any screenshots for it, but I used it to collect loot bags that dropped in my mob spawner

I used a thamostatic attracter underneath it, and it pulled all the items onto it, which then went into my ME system.

Don't forget that it doesn't only pull blocks in, but also items into your system