Can't mine nether ores in Agrarian Skies?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
I finally found the nerve to venture into the nether in my AS world, mainly to find some sulfur. I found some but can't seem to mine it. I originally tried a Tinker's construct pick with a steel head and nothing. So I upgraded it to an obsidian head and added diamond and still no luck. It says the mining level is ardite which I would assume to be the highest, but still can't mine the sulfur block.

This seems to be different from how it was in FTB. Is there a list somewhere with what level of materials is needed to mine various nether ores?

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
That's way different from the normal version, where mining level 4 is cobalt and mining level 5 is manyullyn.

And how am I supposed to mine cobalt? I just tried mining it with the same pick to no avail.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
From what I've read over in the Agrarian Skies discussion thread (and I apologize if any of this is wrong), Ender Quarry. Don't forget though, you can get everything you need without the Nether.

weedenbc

Jul 29, 2019
But you can't get an ender quarry without a block of nether iridium. That's not very helpful.

You can, but sulfur is a real PITA. Only a 10% chance to get any from pulverizing coal, and it's used in a lot of high end stuff.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
I finally found the nerve to venture into the nether in my AS world, mainly to find some sulfur.

Take the hit and pulverize enough blaze rods or coal to make the yellorite necessary to make a Big Reactor.
Use that to power a MFR laser.
That will dig up all the sulfur nether ore, and yellorite ore you could ever want. Yellow filters will boost the yield, at least one is needed to make the yellorite production keep pace with the Big Reactor.