Cant download the FTB client ^.^

Status
Not open for further replies.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i understand that i have not been here in the past, And yes, I am new, But since i have spent about 4 hours testing, Tweaking, And much more, And also considering i am an Un-certified Computer Technician in both Computer Repair, Small programming and Network repair, I would not be telling people what to do and what not to do if i did not know what i was saying, Please believe me i am not trying to come off as rude in any way, I am only trying to help, And what you say about the servers being overly taxed could very well be the issue, But i think FTB by now would have come up with a solution for such an occasion by throttling there bandwidth if needed.[DOUBLEPOST=1388533946][/DOUBLEPOST]Basically the only thing we can do right now is keep trying, Wait until tomorrow and try again in the early morning and see if things lighten up with the servers so we can get our packs downloaded, Throw a small .Bat file in and launch our desired modpacks. But i do believe the Tech Girl is correct. There does not seem to be any other reason why this is happening to a lot of us right now.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i understand that i have not been here in the past, And yes, I am new, But since i have spent about 4 hours testing, Tweaking, And much more, And also considering i am an Un-certified Computer Technician in both Computer Repair, Small programming and Network repair, I would not be telling people what to do and what not to do if i did not know what i was saying, Please believe me i am not trying to come off as rude in any way, I am only trying to help, And what you say about the servers being overly taxed could very well be the issue, But i think FTB by now would have come up with a solution for such an occasion by throttling there bandwidth if needed.[DOUBLEPOST=1388533946][/DOUBLEPOST]Basically the only thing we can do right now is keep trying, Wait until tomorrow and try again in the early morning and see if things lighten up with the servers so we can get our packs downloaded, Throw a small .Bat file in and launch our desired modpacks. But i do believe the Tech Girl is correct. There does not seem to be any other reason why this is happening to a lot of us right now.
Creeperhost owns the Repos.
FTB just uses them.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Then my problem is not here then i see, I will head over there and see if they have more info on this issue, Thank you for your assistance Ashzification.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
I'll keep this in mind if it happens again. I wasn't trying to download anything, just log in and play on my world.

ZedX

Jul 29, 2019
Basically the only thing we can do right now is keep trying, Wait until tomorrow and try again in the early morning and see if things lighten up with the servers so we can get our packs downloaded, Throw a small .Bat file in and launch our desired modpacks

Could you enlighten me on how to make this batch file you speak of? I know I could look this up, but I think you seem to have a decent idea of what you're doing.

But i do believe the Tech Girl is correct.

Is Ashzification the "Tech Girl"? Lmao. :p

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
ZedX I have not made a batch file in a while, But the easiest way would be JUST like the server Bat files that come with the server files with FTB Mod Packs,, But the only difference is you need to take out No Gui, Pause, And change the Example.Jar word out and replace it with the Name of the .Jar inside the mod-pack like for example Horizons.jar or what not, That is pretty much all you have to do, If it does not work, Try looking at the bat file again. ( To make a .Bat file, make a Text Document, open the document and type in the things needed as described above, then, Name it Horizons.bat so you know what it is for ) Double clicking it will HOPEFULLY run the Mod-pack.jar which in sense, Run Minecraft with all your mods. If not try searching on the net for something like How to make a .Bat file to run Minecraft Modpacks or something along the lines of that.

And i BELIEVE she is a Female so i just called her The Tech Girl.

bwillb

Jul 29, 2019
I urge all users to trust users with the Tech Support tag, over someone with 13 postings on the forums, 9 of which are in this thread.
Yeah no offense but you asked someone with less than 5 postings to post instructions on changing the DNS instead of doing it yourself. And you're suggesting changing DNS entries when the issue is an overloaded server. Sorry, but the Tech Support tag doesn't mean much.

edit: And of course the only thing that did work is changing the download server location, which that damned untrustworthy 13 post guy told me how to do!

Last edited:
Reactions: aquamannnn

Harvest88

Jul 29, 2019
For everyone still following this thread, Please Open FTB -> Options -> Advanced Settings -> Server Location and set it to Notingham, I was able to get everything downloaded from this server location.

How stupid is auto mode?? I did this and this works like butter! Now I can tell my technician to do that so he can get on my server to join me.

CookieMonstaa

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, I cant even download the feed the beast launcher! It just says, "Download Failed- Network Error" when trying to actually download the client. So all of these replies are irrelevant. I would do those suggestions if I could actually open/download the launcher.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
CookieMonstaa, Keep trying to download it, And do not go anywhere else but the FTB website to download Feed The Beast, I had the same problem earlier when i was troubleshooting myself.

CookieMonstaa

Jul 29, 2019
CookieMonstaa, Keep trying to download it, And do not go anywhere else but the FTB website to download Feed The Beast, I had the same problem earlier when i was troubleshooting myself.
How many times do i have to retry? i have done it quite a bit

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how many you have now, If you have done so around 5 - 10 times like i had to, Then there may still be an issue server side, If your that desperate, I can personally send you the FTB launcher.exe file myself over Skype if you want.

CookieMonstaa

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on how many you have now, If you have done so around 5 - 10 times like i had to, Then there may still be an issue server side, If your that desperate, I can personally send you the FTB launcher.exe file myself over Skype if you want.
can we please. add me on skype- ifuckingrock

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah no offense but you asked someone with less than 5 postings to post instructions on changing the DNS instead of doing it yourself
Those people I ask to post the instructions have proven their trustworthiness in other ways. Namely in IRC.

Sorry, but the Tech Support tag doesn't mean much.
You can take that up with Slowpoke.
I'm sorry you seem to have a problem with me, or more specifically my choice to trust people whom I know have helped others in the past or in other outlets for users to seek help.
Viper-7 was the first to suggest that to me. Someone else happened to be the person to post it in an easy to understand fashion.

If you have a problem with the way Tech Support conducts support, then prove you can do it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.