Can't break down advanced thaumium tools in alchemical furnace?

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Such as Sword of the Zephyr, Shovel of the Earthmover. They scan full of aspects. But it will not blend. Working as intended?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not near a machine to test this, but can you put *anything* with more than 5 aspects into the alchemical furnace?

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Why are you doing this in the first place? Those tools are fairly difficult to make and by the time you are able to make them you should be progressed enough to have access to all the aspects the tools contain through other (and significantly less expensive) means.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
I enchant with vanilla enchanting table because it's cheaper and easier to do that than to use infusion enchantment. One of three things happen:
A. I get Repair II
B. I get Unbreaking
C. I get neither

Case A, I'm done. that's my tool forever.

Case B, the tool cannot carry repair. I use it until it's used up

Case C, I add repair II via infusion.

Case B is what leaves me with worn tools to do something with. Filling up a ton of essentia bottles is something. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.

That all said, I'm on Horizons and since my OP have noticed that Artifice has ridiculously cheap piece-by-piece enchants. So my new method is to infusion enchant repair II and then fill up the item the rest of the way with a few leather and iron ingots.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
There is not a limit to the number of aspects. I tested by melting down my wand focus: shock, which has far more than 5

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
I suspect certain items are exempt -- I'm pretty sure you can't distill a wand either, presumably because it would let you convert vis to essentia.

netmc

Jul 29, 2019
It is related to the total number of aspects on the item. If there are lots of aspects on an item, there simply isn't room for them to be broken down in the distillation furnace's internal tank. Since there isn't room in the tank, it won't break down the item.

Reactions: Mental Mouse