cannot open ftb technic or minecraft ioexeption

Status
Not open for further replies.

destructiveblock32

Jul 29, 2019
I been trying for a week but I cannot open my feed the beast technic and minecraft I have updated and downgraded my java but wont work I keep getting a error msg as soon as I hit launch saying ioexeption minecraft servers might be down and they are not can someone plz help me
log- http://pastebin.com/PmzaZ2Ee

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
the error it gives it actually nothing at all to do with FTB, minecraft or even Java. its an error windows is throwing back at java:

Code:
java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 87: create: create

from what i found on google, its an error with trying to bind to a port. if your running skype, try opening Skype and going to Options->Advanced->Connection and uncheck the following "Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections"

others say it could be an issue with windows perhaps prefering to use IPV6 for connections if its available, in which case, adding
"-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" as an additional argument in the advanced settings of the launcher may fix it.
microsoft say a code 87 socket error is an invalid perameter:
Microsoft said:
Code: 87
Error: WSA_INVALID_PARAMETER
Description: One or more parameters are invalid.
An application used a Windows Sockets function which directly maps to a Windows function. The Windows function is indicating a problem with one or more parameters. Note that this error is returned by the operating system, so the error number may change in future releases of Windows.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i found this on another forum. it may be of use:

Error log
java.net.SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 87: create

Solution
Disable any running antiviruses, or restrictions in place for the host that deny connections to external sites.
You can solve this error by installing all the available updates for your computer through Windows Update.
At some occasions, this may fail to work, and workarounds include to reinstall .NET or use the repair tool provided by Microsoft.

destructiveblock32

Jul 29, 2019
still no idk what wrong with it im running a full system scan looking to see if it might be a virus if that does not work I will rollback my computer to last month[DOUBLEPOST=1389892457][/DOUBLEPOST]and windows will not let me update anything or install or even download anything to do with windows

destructiveblock32

Jul 29, 2019
it say "windows cannot currently check for updates because the service is down try restarting your computer" I restarted it and tried a few other things still wont work and I cant use the diagnose and repair it found a solution but it say it can use it.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
ok, here's the fun bit. its time to mess with the windows service manager :)

1. open the start menu and search for "services"
2. click the first one (its icon should be 2 little gears)
3. scroll to the bottom of the resulting list and look for "Windows update"
4. double click on it to open the properties window
5. check the startup type box. if its set to "disabled", change it to "automatic (delayed start)"
6. check the service status. if it's "stopped", click the Start button
7. if the service fails to start, click apply, then ok, the restart your PC
8. repeat steps 1,2,3,4 and 6 to check the service status. if its still stopped and wont start, come back and ill dig a little deeper.

destructiveblock32

Jul 29, 2019
I tried but this came up "windows could not start the windows update service on local computer error 0x80070057: the parameter is incorrect

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
ok, i have another solution, but it is HIGHLEY DANDEROUS IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING!!!!!

if you still want to try it, here you go
(i believe this will actually also fix the initial problem of FTB failing to create the socket)
1 ) Open RegEdit and navigate to HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\ Windows\WindowsUpdate
2 ) Remove any and all values within this key. Most likely, the culprit is a faulty Windows Update source server. Sometimes this is the result of a latent or previous infection.
3 ) Finally, download and run Microsoft FixIt 50202. Try the Default settings first, and if that does not work, try Aggressive.
4 ) Reboot the computer and check to see that Windows Update is working properly.

JamiePhonic

Jul 29, 2019
if I do this what could happen if it goes wrong can I recover it
worst case, your system will fail to start up, but should be recoverable from the "run startup repair" option during boot.
i will say though, if you follow the instructions i posted to the letter, you should be fine.

destructiveblock32

Jul 29, 2019
ok and is there a way you can say all the instructions again in dummy form lol (like the books) so I can understand a little better

Status
Not open for further replies.