Cannot disable descriptive books

LtNachos

Jul 29, 2019
I cannot find a way to do this i have tried in the mystcraft config and with recipe remover mod but i can still craft them in game my players a spamming my server with new ages so badly i had to remove the entire mod completely i would like to place it back in but make them need to ask staff to create the ages for them

anyone have a config for essentials that will allow this or any other permissions plugin?

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
Disabling the age books only disables their crafting recipe, but they can still be created in the writing desk and book binder, so you need to disable those too. Also there seem to be two config options for the writing desk in the Mystcraft config, so I set them both to false, just to be sure:

Code:
mystcraft_config.txt
general{
B:options.crafting.binder.enabled=false
B:options.crafting.desk.enabled=false
B:options.crafting.enableAgebook=false
B:options.crafting.enableDesk=false

The above isn't the whole config file, those are just the lines you're looking for.

darkinnit

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, I've just found out disabling the crafting recipe for Writing Desks is not enough, because Writing Desks spawn in villages. :( As Writing Desks can be used to create Ages (even without a Book Binder), this is a bit of a pain. I guess you'd have to use some mod that either prevents interaction with the desk or removes them from the world as they're generated. :/