Canning machine problems

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a bug right now with the canning machine in mindcrack? I hooked it up to my EU power, put some cooked steak in the top and cans in the bottom and I'm getting nothing. I also tried cells instead of cans and various other types of food. I've got an extractor and compressor on the same EU line and those work fine so I'm sure it's getting power.

Zerren

Jul 29, 2019
You ARE using the Tin Can made from 5 tin shaped like a minecart (gets 4 cans) correct? Not the 3 tin to 10 cans, that's Forestry liquid cans. You might need more cans, too. (Steak requires 4 cans per steak)

Martin Fry

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, right cans, plenty of them. Just never seems to get power. lightning bolt never goes red in the interface.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I can only conclude that there's no power going into it then, the cable is probably connected to the wrong side of the Batbox. I just tried powering all 6 sides in turn in a creative world and I can't get it to fail (except when it exploded due to MFE voltage). If I'm wrong, about trying replacing it with a different machine to see if ou have some weird Canning Machine bug?

Vircomore

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if this applies to the Canning Machine - but I thought there was another machine out there that "doesn't like wires" - so the only way to power it is to give it its own batbox with the output right against the machine.

You could try that and see what happens.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
My problem might be my can recipe. I was def getting power to mine (the lightning bolt was red). I tried a couple different recipes for cans but dont think I tried that minecart one.