Can anyone confirm this Ender Chest bug?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Using the mindcrack pack. Loading the enderchest with any machine/pipe/tube etc does not save the changed contents. It only saves when the player interacts with the contents or pumps an item out.

So loading a chest with just an automated method and then save/exit will lose everything that changed in the chest that session. Loading chest and making one change to the chest (manually move something or pump an item out will save the contents).

Example:
JxdwQ.png

Electric Jetpacks show up:
qUSaz.png

Save to title and go back into the world and the jetpacks are all gone.

Same test splitting them to regular chests or half to regular and half to ender chest has only the ones in the enderchest disappear.

Passing through a transposer will also lose the jetpack on reloading the save.

Setup:
oQRzU.png
Tinkered with this some more and it has nothing to do with the jetpacks. The ender chest does not save it's inventory when any object is loaded by a machine/tube/pipe etc. It seems to only save when the user moves an object around.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure whats up there. I use Enderchest in my Loot Sorter and feild resupply system and have no issues with it pulling stuff out or putting stuff into my enderchest.

But I am using a manager to pull stuff out and I'm using filters and tubes to put stuff in it.

I am also using Mindcrack current verion with defult settings.

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing disappears until you save and close to title screen. Should mainly affect single player or rarely multiplayer when the server shuts down.

It appears to be a saving issue. The contents of the chest work fine during the play session, but anything that has been loaded through automated means since the player last forced a save by moving something will be lost on saving and closing the world.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
This is copy pasted from another thread but this is my set up and Ive not lost anything from it since I built it.

This which you might have seen earlier is my storage area.

base Upgrades by Saice, on Flickr

Down stairs is my kit bashed supply system and ender chest

Here is the crafting part of it. Three Autocrafters each set to one tool (pickax, shovel, ax) they share a common chest between them full of sticks and cobble. Each has a wooden pipe with a basic Autocratic Gate set to pulse when the chest above them is empty. This crafts one sometimes two of the tool in question.

Autocrafting zone by Saice, on Flickr

This is the other side of that. Each chest is hooked to a filter set to the tool in question and into the ender chest. That pipe on the ceiling its connected upstairs it is my cobble overflow filter I'll get to that later.

The ender chest to hooked to a manager that is set to dump everything but one of each tool. On it side is a redstone torch that lights up when it does not have one or more of the tools. This fires off the Pulse former that in turn fires off the filters sending one of each tool into the ender chest. Extra tools and any loot gets spit out of the manger and into a sorter that send the tools one way and everything else goes up.

Ender Supply and Sorting Zone by Saice, on Flickr

Over here is Cobble over flow control. I like smooth stone (yeah just look at my base) so I like to have cobble on hand. While I do not think I will ever need 6 barrels of cobble you never no. This gets fed as the very end of my sorting system up stairs. Cobble comes down once it fills all these barrels it goes to the end there were an ejector is hooked to a timer to spit out the cobble to a obsidian pipe and void pipe below.

Overflow and Trash by Saice, on Flickr

Up stairs and behind my storage area is the sorting nightmare. I have four sorting machines linked up and chained together. each one sorts a few items and anything it does not sort gets passed to the next machine in line. Its a bit mucky but it works and I can expanded it if need.

Uplink and Main sorting cluster by Saice, on Flickr

The sorters push into this tube network each color goes to two chests. I have covers over chest that currently are not auto sorted. the whole mess is set up so I can change things around simply by removing/adding covers and changing things around in the sorters.

The rainbowwall of doom by Saice, on Flickr

Anything that gets through all the sorting machines with no home goes down white to the wall of barrels and then finally to the unsorted chest at the end of the line.

Overflow Barrels and Unsortable Item chest by Saice, on Flickr

As noted earlier the chest has a cobblestone filter on it. Simple with a slow timer this feeds into that cobble stone over flow below.

Cobble Filter by Saice, on Flickr

mipster

Jul 29, 2019
I have a wheat farm that is feeding seeds and wheat into an ender chest. I ran it once, then noticed the next day the chest was empty. Ran the harvester again before I went to bed, checked again the next morning and it was empty again. Your post above confirms what I am seeing, Ender Chest is eating my items. Wow.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Just yesterday I had Minecraft crash with "couldn't save enderchest". I was doing nothing involving enderchests, but I have a couple handling automatic inputs/outputs.

(Like most of my crashes, it involves forgetting that control-shift crashes when done to fill a project table)

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
Only question I would have about the settings. Do you happen to have the vanilla enderchest activated in the config? Either look in your config for enderstorage or just try to place a vanilla ender chest. Only thing I can think of maybe...[DOUBLEPOST=1360087649][/DOUBLEPOST]Never mind, I was easily able to duplicate this issue.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using enderchests all over the place, and except for my main sorting input chest I almost never touch them. The enderchest from my nether-lava-pump/liquid transposer setup is completely filled with lava cells, and they have never disappeared.
I'm using the latest dw20 via multimc, with some mods added manually...

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using enderchests all over the place, and except for my main sorting input chest I almost never touch them. The enderchest from my nether-lava-pump/liquid transposer setup is completely filled with lava cells, and they have never disappeared.
I'm using the latest dw20 via multimc, with some mods added manually...

Out of curiosity try it in a test world. I tested further and found that as long as you manually put something into/move around in an enderchest whether its the same color code or not will make it save. But if you log in, have something auto input into the chest from whatever source and never manually change something in any enderchest they will not save.

At least thats what I've found out from my own testing.

Edit:

I too am using the DW20 pack in MultiMC with added mods and updated forge to 518.
EnderStorage 1.3.1.1

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Out of curiosity try it in a test world.

Did that, and I can confirm the issue. Although after the first reload, the enderchest still had half of the cobble. After the second, all the additional cobble got deleted.

Maybe this thread should be moved to the bug section, I only had time for a quick search but couldn't find anything there...

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this is the mod's thread on minecraft forums and in the FTB bug section. Some else in the bug section had also come across the issue, but no idea of chicken bones has noticed any of the threads. I believe someone else had also posted the issue on reddit.

First, you won't see this issue often on a server since they rarely are taken down. This is mostly a SSP issue, but it could potentially affect a server if you had an enderchest you never manually interact with or pump items out of and just use it to pump all your finished materials into. A server restart might find your full enderchest of goodies wiped out.

The further investigation i did found Enderchests will save on pumping/pulling an item out of it, so if you have an item loop like is commonly used lava liquid transposers the only time the system is vulnerable is the time between pumping items out.

It would be a lot more noticeable if you only used the enderchest to store some automated output. Like i found when i automated an MFE charging station. I kept a spare charged jetpack in the system, so i could dump my used one in for charging and grab the charged one to continue on without waiting. As i played on the spare jetpack would charge and automatically be pumped to the charged item ender chest. If i ever saved and exited without manually moving something in the charged item ender chest it would lose any items that had been pumped in since my last manual change, which was almost always that spare jetpack.

Any other chest type saves on item input and item removal.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone confirm whether moving items in/out, or simply opening one enderchest saves all of them, regardless of combination? There are a couple of chests I interact with all the time, and some I just use for storing outputs. If the above was the case, I wouldn't need to worry about saving them.

Vtecem

Jul 29, 2019
I tested further and found that as long as you manually put something into/move around in an enderchest whether its the same color code or not will make it save. But if you log in, have something auto input into the chest from whatever source and never manually change something in any enderchest they will not save.

2 posts above yours.

Xakthos

Jul 29, 2019
I can cause the same result of missing stuff as indicated earlier in the thread. Never really affected me though since my Ender chest is cleaned out as fast as something is put into it. Odds of losing more than a couple of raw materials is nearly zero but for others could be a big issue.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
This is a good example why I always wait at least a couple weeks before applying any update that comes out :)

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
Con-motherfucking-firmed. Honestly these ***** chests have ONE JOB to do and they royaly screw it up. No idea how much crap Ive lost, Ive just found this out the hard way.

Quesenek

Jul 29, 2019
Interesting, I never noticed before. I dont use mine for storage however simply a way to teleport items to other chests.