JcElvOx.png

OEJBwNy.png

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Someone suggested an idea that sounds interesting and potentially useful, though I am fearful of how people may react:

Someone suggested adding an ingame bug report form, where the player could open a GUI, write a description, and the game would send that, along with a screenshot, to me.
Here is the problem. For obvious reasons, this means sending data from the game to a server (let's ignore for the moment I have no such server). While the only things getting sent would be the actual text of the report, the screenshot, and things like mod versions, I can certainly imagine people flipping out "OMG SENDING DATA TO SOME SERVER!!". As it is, I have had people complain about the update checkers, which also require connecting to a server, though they only read (not even download!) a text file.

Reactions: abculatter_2

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
That would be very useful, although what you said is a problem.
Possibly have it in an off-by-default config option? That way, it's possible to have it on for the users that want it and prevent a massive drama uproar, because it doesn't load by default.

JoshBogs

Jul 29, 2019
The bug report option sounds like it could have a lot of potential for a niche community. It could be useful for all the mods you make.

Unfortunately I see it becoming more of a problem for you. Sometimes bug reports have insufficient information to take action. In these cases web forums are useful for inquires. Not to mention the repeat submissions that you may potentially have to sort through. And the trolls. Goodness.

I know nothing of coding abilities but perhaps it could be useful as DragonAPI add-on with a whitelist on your end? Something that anyone can utilize if they want and is easily controllable for you while covering all your mods.

Reactions: abculatter_2

Nativegoat

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't messed with Rotarycraft in a few versions. Has the gunpowder consumption been increased in the Blast Furnace or am I just really unlucky? (Smelted 63 HSLA steel took around 6 gunpowder)

linkhyrule5

Jul 29, 2019
More Electricraft than Rotarycraft, but - there appears to be a case of creation of energy when connecting wires at different voltages. If I have one wire at 2048V and 64A, and I connect it to another wire at 256V and 4196A, I end up with one wire at 2048V and 4060A. Not that I'm necessarily complaining about getting a free 7MW, but... :p

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't messed with Rotarycraft in a few versions. Has the gunpowder consumption been increased in the Blast Furnace or am I just really unlucky? (Smelted 63 HSLA steel took around 6 gunpowder)
It does appear like the consumption rates for everything but sand has gone up, and gone are the chances of getting bonus steel for filling all 9 slots with iron. RoC coal coke also seems to be consumed at the exact same rate as regular coal, so its not particularly helpful, there.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Coal Coke grants the possiblity to get bonus steel, other than that I beleive it's the exact same as coal.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
@Reika personally I think this might actually be better if it was integrated to Forge itself, and then the reports could be sent to a central site (Github?) and grouped under headings sorted by mod/author.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
@Reika personally I think this might actually be better if it was integrated to Forge itself, and then the reports could be sent to a central site (Github?) and grouped under headings sorted by mod/author.
I agree, but now you would have to have every mod author agree to this - with some of the developers being the ones who criticized me for connecting to an update server, do not hold your breath - and have Forge agree to do this. Good luck.

More Electricraft than Rotarycraft, but - there appears to be a case of creation of energy when connecting wires at different voltages. If I have one wire at 2048V and 64A, and I connect it to another wire at 256V and 4196A, I end up with one wire at 2048V and 4060A. Not that I'm necessarily complaining about getting a free 7MW, but... :p
@Omega Haxors already reported this, and I have since fixed it for v4.

Demosthenex

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding ReactorCraft neutron reflectors and neutrons, it looks like if the neutron isn't reflected it is always absorbed making it a perfect containment block.

Would it be more realistic that it can also allow them to potentially pass through if they don't reflect?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding ReactorCraft neutron reflectors and neutrons, it looks like if the neutron isn't reflected it is always absorbed making it a perfect containment block.

Would it be more realistic that it can also allow them to potentially pass through if they don't reflect?
You're still on MC 1.6 right?
I think Reika already changed that.

Mattasdqwe

Jul 29, 2019
Are the transformers in electricraft implemented yet? And if so how does one operate them as it seems that placing them in a circuit does nothing.