Botania - An innovative natural magic themed tech mod (Not in beta any more!)

Nfrance

Jul 29, 2019
1396044892023.png
This is why your my favorite mod dev.

kikisp

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii something that you did in 1.2.113 broke mc mouse gestures..like scroling wheel to add another item to you inventory..its somehow glitched for me..with 112 its not a case.
Anyhow its not a big deal,just wanted to let you know..

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to report a problem I've been having in my SSP world as I've delved into Botania. For some reason, a few of the power generation flowers are causing MASSIVE FPS lag. The Hydroangeas and especially the Endoflame are the ones I've seen be laggy. Specifically, when I feed fuel to my two Endoflames my FPS drops from 60 to 15 and my large Hydroangeas setup drops my FPS by 7-10 around once per second.

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like to report a problem I've been having in my SSP world as I've delved into Botania. For some reason, a few of the power generation flowers are causing MASSIVE FPS lag. The Hydroangeas and especially the Endoflame are the ones I've seen be laggy. Specifically, when I feed fuel to my two Endoflames my FPS drops from 60 to 15 and my large Hydroangeas setup drops my FPS by 7-10 around once per second.
Might want to have a look at this: https://github.com/Vazkii/Botania/issues/276

Zenthon_127

Jul 29, 2019
I'll check the logs, but I don't think anything's showing up there. I thought it might be the rendering, but now I think it's a cross-mod reaction.

EDIT: Nope, absolutely nothing in the logs. Was harder to replicate initially in a brand new test world, but after I filled the Mana Pool slightly using a creative tablet the Endoflame lag came back, if that helps at all.

Last edited:

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome back, m8s.
You are welcome

(from #ftb-wiki)
[14:43:57] <@SatanicSanta> Lawbroken: Vazkii wants his Botania thread unlocked http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...c-themed-tech-mod-not-in-beta-any-more.41662/

(from #vazkii)
[14:32:36] <SatanicSanta> Vazkii: You should just keep the MCF one locked, then get the FTB one unlocked
[14:32:43] <SatanicSanta> FTB Forums are actually nice for the most part
[14:33:01] <@Vazkii> The FTB thread was barren
[14:33:24] <@Vazkii> Not like the MCF one was any better anyway, botania has pretty much zero points for discussion. But I guess it might as well serve as another method of bug intake
[14:42:07] <SatanicSanta> Vazkii: Yeah it may be barren but at least it's not actively harmful towards you
[14:42:21] <@Vazkii> I guess, I'll do it tomorrow, or one of you guys do it idk
[14:43:10] <SatanicSanta> Vazkii: Should I tell Law to unlock it for you?
[14:43:17] <@Vazkii> Sure
[14:43:59] <SatanicSanta> dun

Monkehhhh

Jul 29, 2019
Really fantastic mod, probably one of my favorite. Played with it on the Unstable pack and got pretty much as far as I could. Glad this made it to the DW20 1.7 pack, first mod I've started on.

You also seem to have a fantastic sense of humor.

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who thinks that we need an official list of all the references in this glorious mod? *nudge nudge wink wink*

(btw my favorite reference is the golden laurel crown's lex page :p)

Last edited:

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one who thinks that we need an official list of all the references in this glorious mod? *nudge nudge wink wink*

(btw my favorite reference is the golden laurel crown's lex page :p)

An official tier list would be a bit against the point, an unofficial one would be much better.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Superb mod, hadn't really gotten into Botania properly until the latest server I play on, it's so powerful once you get to the elven stages.

Can I get your thoughts on some suggestions?

Terra Shatterer

When combined with the Elementium Pickaxe it no longer gathers cobble, which is great, unless you want cobble :D any chance of a mode switch turning this on/off?

It gathers other mod blocks like marble, limestone, quarried stone, abyssal etc etc any chance of a config blacklist so we can add these to it?

Any thoughts on larger mana pools?

On our server people spam large quantities of flowers, in one case he has like 400+ endoflames any thoughts on maybe an elven flower which gens more mana to save this from happening, or other high end tier mana gen?

Chaka

FTB Team
Mod Developer
Retired Staff
Dec 24, 2013
New Jersey
I love this mod. Its probably the first mod I use when I go into a modpack.

Sent from my flux armor using the tappatalk app from the flux store

Vazkii

Jul 29, 2019
Superb mod, hadn't really gotten into Botania properly until the latest server I play on, it's so powerful once you get to the elven stages.

Can I get your thoughts on some suggestions?

Terra Shatterer

When combined with the Elementium Pickaxe it no longer gathers cobble, which is great, unless you want cobble :D any chance of a mode switch turning this on/off?

It gathers other mod blocks like marble, limestone, quarried stone, abyssal etc etc any chance of a config blacklist so we can add these to it?

Any thoughts on larger mana pools?

On our server people spam large quantities of flowers, in one case he has like 400+ endoflames any thoughts on maybe an elven flower which gens more mana to save this from happening, or other high end tier mana gen?
Going through the points:

Well, life's about choices, make an automated cobblegen, it's not too hard ;)

If you provide me the oredict names for those blocks I'll gladly add them to the blacklist.

I don't want to add any more generating flowers if I don't think they fit. Adding in higher tier generation just for "compactness" or whatever really doesn't make much sense in my mind, at least gameplay wise. Same for the pools, use sparks.

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
An official tier list would be a bit against the point, an unofficial one would be much better.
Are you suggesting that I do an unofficial list of all the references in your mod? THAT'S BRILLIANT! ...except that I know almost nothing about manga and anime, and I'm pretty sure that's where most of the references come from, so...maybe if I had a little help from somewhere (you or someone else on this thread)(or pokefenn)?

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
I haven't experienced botania for myself until now. Looking at the book and the corresponding book video, I'm pretty much down for whatever this mod author wants to do. Wow, this mod is the best presented, user freindly, and interactive mod to date. I don't get involved in mod dramas but I think this guy got heat or something? Don't know why... in a mod world where nobody explains their mod anymore... this is a mod I want to support.

OnmyojiOmn

Jul 29, 2019
Vazkii: Literally Hitlette™

Thanks for the new floating functional flowers. Still trying to wrap my head around red string.