Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
it does I'm pretty sure i haven't put any modifiers yet put ball of moss doesn't seem to wan to put on.
it says modifiers: it doesnt say it has a free modifier slot but it doesn't say it has any modifiers either[DOUBLEPOST=1402451229][/DOUBLEPOST]i tried other modifiers and they don't seem to work either i looked at all my picks and they don't say they "modifiers remaining:" only "modifiers:"

sisho

Jul 29, 2019
it does I'm pretty sure i haven't put any modifiers yet put ball of moss doesn't seem to wan to put on.
it says modifiers: it doesnt say it has a free modifier slot but it doesn't say it has any modifiers either[DOUBLEPOST=1402451229][/DOUBLEPOST]i tried other modifiers and they don't seem to work either i looked at all my picks and they don't say they "modifiers remaining:" only "modifiers:"

With the Tinker's Tweaks mod you need to level a tool before it gets a modifier. You get one random modifier for free, and you are also given one blank modifier to put whatever you want. So you need to level your pick before you can apply the moss.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
figured it out sorry it needed to be writable. sorry ima noob at this.
Paper binding to make the pickaxe writeable is a great idea (and something I should have been doing in my videos). But you will also gain modifiers as you use the tools/weapons and skill up on them. This is all part of TiCTweaks (formerly Iguana Tweaks).

Reactions: Doctorious

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
oh ok interesting! glad i could help out i looked on youtube someone showing about tinkers and they used a paper binding i tried and it works yay!

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
i know adding microblocks, etc to the mob grief list is good for the game's difficulty, but it has limited us as to what kind of stuff we can use to make a base look good/aesthetically pleasing/fresh, to avoid it looking like every other base - ever.

i don't know a specific solution, but i do wish some fancy glass and some fancy (full) blocks were not on the grief list. microblocks like covers - sure, but the full blocks which those covers are made out of... it would be nice to use them w/o worrying about the grief list.

vanilla glass, sure, grief that. glass covers and microblocks. sure. but maybe tinkers glass or something would be safe?

i do not understand the logic in adding wool to the grief list. i don't plan on making a base out of wool, but the fact that its on the grief list just means we are that much more limited to what blocks we can decorate our base with.

and if you do prevent us from using slabs for crafting non-slab blocks (i think you know which one we've been using recently) that will just make the base building phase that much less enjoyable because of how ridiculously long it takes to make a large base out of vanilla stone to accommodate for multiplayer. plus its boring making a base out of vanilla stone bricks.. it encourages me to just say forget it and make the base out of dirt. i'd rather not.

maybe there's a few mods out there that you can add that gives us more options for decorative building blocks?

as of now, its looking like we have 2 choices. vanilla stone bricks (tinker's chisel), and vanilla sandstone (4 sand per) + chiseled variants. both are tedious to gather enough for a large base. both get old quick as far as looking at. and lack of glass to contrast compounds that feeling.
so far they don't grief compressed materials. I have compressed materials mixed with dirt about 4 high so they can't blast through and dirt up to 8 so they can't jump or be thrown onto the wall and then my gardens and important stuff is up in the sky at the height of a jungle tree with pillars and ladders so mobs can't get up there and invaders don't cause damage to the critical parts of the base. If you are having issues coming up with unique base ideas I think that is from lack of creative thinking rather than resource limitations. My tower in the desert is made from compressed sand and surrounded by cacti. Just figure something out. It doesn't have to be colorful to be creative.

Reactions: Doctorious

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
Any smp players who wanna join forces for fun ? Either I can host a server for the mod or a teamspeak ? ;)

I7 with 32 gb RAM 90/90 located in Europe, Denmark. Not looking for something crowed but with a couple of players.

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Any smp players who wanna join forces for fun ? Either I can host a server for the mod or a teamspeak ? ;)

I7 with 32 gb RAM 90/90 located in Europe, Denmark. Not looking for something crowed but with a couple of players.

I wouldn't mind starting a new map, but finding a suitable time. I've only played it on hardcore single player and restart about once a week due to dying. As of yet I have yet to actually get to bronze tools. But my current play through is doing very well and have a fortress, plenty of food, and just mined my first tin.

Last edited:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ok now I'm feeling this frightening eerie brutal modpack. I relocated my base since the tower was being overrun by death creepers and flying things and once I thought I was safe, night comes and rain, I hear digging. :confused: I was holed up for awhile but then decided that I need to get out but what I expected were zombies, flying manticore?, skeletons, mini mobs, and whatever but this is taking it too far. There were two of them and a fire creeper.
hGKP69H.png

I'm still alive though. Not sure if I'll survive my next recording but at least I got clay and sand.

samdawghomie

Jul 29, 2019

Sounds fun, wouldn't mind playing BnB with some peeps. Never experienced multiplayer blood n bones before.

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
so far they don't grief compressed materials. I have compressed materials mixed with dirt about 4 high so they can't blast through and dirt up to 8 so they can't jump or be thrown onto the wall and then my gardens and important stuff is up in the sky at the height of a jungle tree with pillars and ladders so mobs can't get up there and invaders don't cause damage to the critical parts of the base. If you are having issues coming up with unique base ideas I think that is from lack of creative thinking rather than resource limitations. My tower in the desert is made from compressed sand and surrounded by cacti. Just figure something out. It doesn't have to be colorful to be creative.
my main point was that making a base without windows is something i have a real hard time accepting.

and there is no point adding windows if you have a massive amount of dirt on the other side restricting your view.

and even if i did make a sky base, using windows up there would not be viable, because those manticores will grief them.

if the flying mobs could somehow be removed from the griefer list, this would be viable, but i don't think eyamaz wants to do that because i don't think he likes people using sky bases right now anyway. (how to build farm not in a sky base?)

Doctorious

Jul 29, 2019
my main point was that making a base without windows is something i have a real hard time accepting.

and there is no point adding windows if you have a massive amount of dirt on the other side restricting your view.

and even if i did make a sky base, using windows up there would not be viable, because those manticores will grief them.

if the flying mobs could somehow be removed from the griefer list, this would be viable, but i don't think eyamaz wants to do that because i don't think he likes people using sky bases right now anyway. (how to build farm not in a sky base?)
I'm using clear glass at my treefarm and no mobs have taken any so far.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful mobs will climb the ladders. I learned that the hard way...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019

I haven't experienced any griefing from flying mobs. I don't like sky bases, closest I'll get is treehouses or a mountain, something that uses the natural geography. Flying mobs usually means problems when they attack and kill me, but not base destruction. I like to just build up a bit, and not put my first floor at ground level. Quite a few ways to make this look nice, and not leave a way for mobs to climb up.

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a good way to create a trap now that mobs grief trapdoors? I've tried a few things but can't get anything that works well.

MarcNemesis

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz:

I was wondering if it was feasable to code the mobs so they only grief player positioned block (excluding endermen ofc (among the list of block that are currently griefable)) and not those that are spawned with the map (exemple: Dungeon Towers underground floors come with corridors made of wood plank/stairs. Now those are griefable by mobs so by the time you actually explore a large portion of the dungeon..yit's no longer a dungeon but rather a large cave..or hole..whichever category suit the situation better.)

superckl

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz:

I was wondering if it was feasable to code the mobs so they only grief player positioned block (excluding endermen ofc (among the list of block that are currently griefable)) and not those that are spawned with the map (exemple: Dungeon Towers underground floors come with corridors made of wood plank/stairs. Now those are griefable by mobs so by the time you actually explore a large portion of the dungeon..yit's no longer a dungeon but rather a large cave..or hole..whichever category suit the situation better.)
No, not really. That would require storing a bit in the block's metadata. This is fine if the mod author does the same kind of storage and does not use a conflicting bit position, but a lot of things can go wrong. I don't think it's practical (or maybe possible) for all blocks.

Last edited:

-shhfiftyfive

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone found a good way to create a trap now that mobs grief trapdoors? I've tried a few things but can't get anything that works well.
i'm pretty sure eyamaz mentioned bringing back punji traps in 1.1.2. and making mobs no longer drop items unless killed by the player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eyamaz

Stroam

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful mobs will climb the ladders. I learned that the hard way...
I'll watch for it but at this point not changing anything till I see it happen.

@Eyamaz:
Would require a block logging program on top of changing the mob VI so that they target blocks at certain coordinates rather than a list of blocks. After all that coding I'd consider it it's own mod.

djs1999

Jul 29, 2019
So i was digging around trying to level up my iron pick until i discovered this underground nether fortress in the over world. I said ok and went in I found a lot of spawners and some chests with 2 diamonds and a cobalt chest plate, so i was thinking sweet cool stuff i can finally get a good pick and go to the nether... Then i found this chest with 64 obsidian, and keep in mind a this point i only have an iron pick.
2014-06-11_15.15.23.png