Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
with 1.06 I started up and immediately a meteor came down wiping out the same place that I just fixed up. did you add god.is.angry.mod too? hehe

Seriously tho. I lost the top right status showing your weight and hunger level (peckish, etc). which mod did that? so I can check the configs. I checked hungeroverhaul and that is still set to true I assume but I don't know what set the other texts....

B:addGuiText=true

was this intentional?

Edit: ok, it shows up and tells you you're encumbered. You just don't get the details. I'm assuming this is intended. disregard then.

Last edited:

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a place where you've checked off mods that didn't make the cut for this pack? I'm curious about bibliocraft. This was one of those mods that I ignored for a very long time till I got truly bored one day, started into it and now I truly feel lost without it (mostly the shelves). I don't see how it would unbalance the mod. I'm not going to add it myself tho. I've found too many times with FTB that as soon as I start that, I end up with issues that can't be explained that go way beyond ID mismatches, etc... This is more of a generic question. saw the docs page in OP and that shows mods IN the pack, not ones that were looked at and skipped because of balance issues, etc...

Thanks

nope, not anymore

Welp. I've finished the configs for 1.0.5. I'll PM it to you and then you can tell me what configs you changed for 1.0.6

in the dropbox. wb

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
with 1.06 I started up and immediately a meteor came down wiping out the same place that I just fixed up. did you add god.is.angry.mod too? hehe

Yikes! Pretty crazy getting hit twice in the same spot.

Unfortunately, there are some problem both with the meteor radar and defense guns right now. The mod author is aware of it, but I don't think a new version has been posted with the fixes yet. Pray for good luck until an update gets posted!

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Lightning may not strike the same spot twice, but meteors do! :'D
In my singleplayer world i built in a desert with a large glass roof above my town. May have to do that soon on the build on doing on our server. Had two close misses so far, but I'm sure their aim is improving.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
In my singleplayer world i built in a desert with a large glass roof above my town. May have to do that soon on the build on doing on our server. Had two close misses so far, but I'm sure their aim is improving.

I already read about the meteor issues when I noticed that happening as well. Thus, after the previous hit, I creative mode'd and went all around my base plopping down tier 2's, then went up and created a glass ceiling above the area and then plopped 4 more down at each corner. they all missed that stupid meteor. I played some more, went to dinner, when I reloaded same thing happened and another meteor came down but this time did get blown away and I had to creative mode back up to pick up all the bits left on the shield! :} The more I play this pack, I see it imitating life in general. It's pointless to resist the borg.

1.0.6 definately changed the spawns and I do think the cinders popping up underground taking over the spawn #'s were causing issues cause I'm seeing ALOT more lycan's mobs now near my base. I'm just wondering tho, I've only seen this once but it was very strange. I SWEAR a creeper fell from the sky right in front of my view and then blew up taking 1/4 of my farm with it. I haven't seen any slime islands so I think those are disabled and I swear this wasn't a jumper creeper. I think it was a lightning one but it happened so fast I was in total shock. he fell from above. I'm picturing eyeamaz with a white cat in his lap laughing maniacally. No! I expect you to Die! Mwaahahahaha

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
The other night I was playing and I saw an armor creeper riding a ghast. If that's not one of the scarier sights to see :p thank god it was plenty far away from me

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Meteors move -4 on the y-axis a tick. So will most likely pass right through a 1 layer thick barrier. You'll want to make at least a 4 layer thick barrier to stop them... Mmaybe more as I haven't tested myself.
I already read about the meteor issues when I noticed that happening as well. Thus, after the previous hit, I creative mode'd and went all around my base plopping down tier 2's, then went up and created a glass ceiling above the area and then plopped 4 more down at each corner. they all missed that stupid meteor. I played some more, went to dinner, when I reloaded same thing happened and another meteor came down but this time did get blown away and I had to creative mode back up to pick up all the bits left on the shield! :} The more I play this pack, I see it imitating life in general. It's pointless to resist the borg.

1.0.6 definately changed the spawns and I do think the cinders popping up underground taking over the spawn #'s were causing issues cause I'm seeing ALOT more lycan's mobs now near my base. I'm just wondering tho, I've only seen this once but it was very strange. I SWEAR a creeper fell from the sky right in front of my view and then blew up taking 1/4 of my farm with it. I haven't seen any slime islands so I think those are disabled and I swear this wasn't a jumper creeper. I think it was a lightning one but it happened so fast I was in total shock. he fell from above. I'm picturing eyeamaz with a white cat in his lap laughing maniacally. No! I expect you to Die! Mwaahahahaha

Same! Can't figure out those teleporting creepers myself. I don't know what's worse random creeper in my base blowing it up or a meteor doing it from above. At least the meteor brings free ores...

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
Meteors move -4 on the y-axis a tick. So will most likely pass right through a 1 layer thick barrier. You'll want to make at least a 4 layer thick barrier to stop them... Mmaybe more as I haven't tested myself.

Hmm, have to test a bit. Guess i'll do one layer and see if that keeps working. From looking at where meteors have landed, (and going on observation, not code) I think they igonre trees and such, but pick the first solidblock as the impact layer. Then about half the meteor displaces and scatters those blocks, and the second half is formed above the layer it hits on. Having a meteor sticking out of my ceiling was a nice conversation piece so i left the bottom half.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Oh issues, you so fun....

So, Natural Absorption hearts do not seem to regenerate in any worlds which are not the overworld. Not sure if this is an isolated problem, intended, or what, but makes the nether/end significantly harder.

Baked sweet potatoes are also a bit overpowered (1.0.5, not sure if it was changed in .6) they are a hearty light meal, giving 6 hunger halves, 2 health halves, and lasting for an extreme amount of time.

Edit: Forgot my shameless server promoting.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Shameless Self Promotion
http://www.forsaken.co/threads/blood-n-bones.698/
Powerful Server, Dedication to high difficulty, Public, Anarchy/Raiding/Pvp.​

Last edited:

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, have to test a bit. Guess i'll do one layer and see if that keeps working. From looking at where meteors have landed, (and going on observation, not code) I think they igonre trees and such, but pick the first solidblock as the impact layer. Then about half the meteor displaces and scatters those blocks, and the second half is formed above the layer it hits on. Having a meteor sticking out of my ceiling was a nice conversation piece so i left the bottom half.
Sweet let me know what you find. I'd like to know for sure. I'm going of what apparently Reika has said and I've seen in the code but haven't gotten around to testing it myself.
@Eyamaz
Is Hostile Worlds suppose to be disabled by default in 1.0.6? It wasn't in 1.0.5.​

@DoomSquirter, @Batch2
Special Mobs has Ender Creepers... :D
ohhh fun :Do_O

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
@Eyamaz
Is Hostile Worlds suppose to be disabled by default in 1.0.6? It wasn't in 1.0.5.​

@DoomSquirter, @Batch2
Special Mobs has Ender Creepers... :D

It should only be disabled server side. Did I oops?

Oh issues, you so fun....

So, Natural Absorption hearts do not seem to regenerate in any worlds which are not the overworld. Not sure if this is an isolated problem, intended, or what, but makes the nether/end significantly harder.

Baked sweet potatoes are also a bit overpowered (1.0.5, not sure if it was changed in .6) they are a hearty light meal, giving 6 hunger halves, 2 health halves, and lasting for an extreme amount of time.

Hrm...
I'll need to do some testing before I poke Toast, and iguana is in Afk mode for a bit.

Amadeus99

Jul 29, 2019
It should only be disabled server side. Did I oops?

Sorry, yes it is disabled on the server side in 1.0.6. In 1.0.5, it was enabled by default on server side. I haven't looked at the client side, yet. We are waiting for some friends before we start over with 1.0.6. I was just looking at the changes to the server side.

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
OH! Just remembered the overpowered thing i forgot to mention.... Blood magic potions. The worst offender of this is the upgraded strength potion with a greater power catalyst. This gives strength 4, and strength is +130% damage, meaning +520% damage for the potion. Anyone want to 4 shot a wither? :p Length catalysts with some potions is also a problem, greater = 38 minute invisibility. May want to just nerf all the effects (perhaps even vanilla?) by a good amount.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
OH! Just remembered the overpowered thing i forgot to mention.... Blood magic potions. The worst offender of this is the upgraded strength potion with a greater power catalyst. This gives strength 4, and strength is +130% damage, meaning +520% damage for the potion. Anyone want to 4 shot a wither? :p Length catalysts with some potions is also a problem, greater = 38 minute invisibility. May want to just nerf all the effects (perhaps even vanilla?) by a good amount.
They're balanced by cost. Think of all the tech and buildup you need to get to that point. What I'm saying is that they're, IMO, balanced

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
They're balanced by cost. Think of all the tech and buildup you need to get to that point. What I'm saying is that they're, IMO, balanced
I agree to a point. Having long duration potions isn't too unbalanced, as blood magic is very expensive to start up. When you get to the point where a boss that's balanced around vanilla potion effects can be 4 shot with a good broadsword though? Killing a boss that easy doesn't really fit in the "hard" nature of the pack, in my opinion. Perhaps only the strength effects need to be nerfed, maybe more things do, I have not done sufficient testing to have a blanket opinion on all potions.

Maybe i'm crazy, but I've always been of the opinion that there should never be an easy mode solution, no matter how late game.

Last edited:

Scottly318

Jul 29, 2019
I think even the high strength potions are balanced with the cost to obtain them in health. Not to mention, the costs getting to the level tech wise and resource wise.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Rheajr86

Jul 29, 2019
watch your language on these forums and ESPECIALLY in my threads
HOW THE FUCK AM I GETTING BLOCK LAG ON MY OWN COMPUTER. ITS A SINGLE PLAYER WORLD THERE SHOULD BE NO BLOCK LAG ESPECIALLY A FEW MINS IN ONCE EVERYTHING IS LOADED

also "While this mod is used to ramp up the difficulty of SSP after a certain period of time has gone by" by certain amout of time they mean within 5 min so much shit spawns on the first night and the day is less than 5 min so did have enough time to find gravel for tools or anything. needless to say this pack in not for me. i will not be suggesting it to anyone.

I'm a grown man i will talk how i see fit

Last edited:

Mikhaila666

Jul 29, 2019
I agree to a point. Having long duration potions isn't too unbalanced, as blood magic is very expensive to start up. When you get to the point where a boss that's balanced around vanilla potion effects can be 4 shot with a good broadsword though? Killing a boss that easy doesn't really fit in the "hard" nature of the pack, in my opinion. Perhaps only the strength effects need to be nerfed, maybe more things do, I have not done sufficient testing to have a blanket opinion on all potions.

Maybe i'm crazy, but I've always been of the opinion that there should never be an easy mode solution, no matter how late game.

Agreed. Blood magic is hugely overpowered. Everyone will mention "cost of getting there", but it still makes things trivial at that point. The cost is very disproportionate to what you get in the end.[DOUBLEPOST=1397969641][/DOUBLEPOST]
HOW THE ..... AM I GETTING BLOCK LAG ON MY OWN COMPUTER. ITS A SINGLE PLAYER WORLD THERE SHOULD BE NO BLOCK LAG ESPECIALLY A FEW MINS IN ONCE EVERYTHING IS LOADED

Lag can be caused by quite a few things in a modpack that uses this many mobs and a better mob AI. The real question in my mind is why you feel the need to curse and use caps on a forum. Maybe take it down a notch.