Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I... truly cannot comprehend what compels Eyamaz to repeatedly announce release dates that he absolutely has to know are bogus, or what compels any of you to believe -- or even support -- this behavior. Really, my brain wiring just can't rationalize it.

It seems likely that the just-posted port of the years-old BlockPhysics mod is the sum total of all the work that's actually been done on this. Have there been any videos, streams, screenshots, written information or... anything, really, to show that anything else has even been worked on? How about for inFlux, or those BnB T-shirts we heard about back in December? I would really, -really- love to eat my words here.

I get that many, many excuses and explanations have been offered in regards to this pristine record of failure, though I have yet to see anything that actually supports those claims either. To those of you that buy into and defend this, I know an Arabian prince struggling with some financial trouble to whom I'd be delighted to introduce you.

Once you have a child, you would probably understand my life a lot better, provided you actually tried being a good parent. When my son comes up to me and asks me to play, I rarely, if ever tell him, "No, Daddy's busy."

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Once you have a child, you would probably understand my life a lot better, provided you actually tried being a good parent. When my son comes up to me and asks me to play, I rarely, if ever tell him, "No, Daddy's busy."

That. That right there is a true caring Dad. My hat off to you good sir and a full round of applause. Your child comes first even when they are no longer considered a child.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz doesn't owe us anything. He gets to prioritize his life how he sees fit.

That said, it may be a good idea to go back to the strict "No ETA" policy, even when it seems like a release is absolutely 100% certain. Whatever is to be gained by an ETA (build hype, reassure fans, give players the possibility of planning for the release, and giving yourself incentive to finish by the deadline) is certainly more than lost by the repeated postponement.

To other players, load up BnB 1.6, or some other modpack or game you enjoy, and just have fun.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz. Will there be any way to play BnB 2.0 on a Mac? My wife and I have been long time fans of BnB but she only has a mac and will never let me put a partition on it.
Thanks,

silentrob

Jul 29, 2019
Eyamaz. Will there be any way to play BnB 2.0 on a Mac? My wife and I have been long time fans of BnB but she only has a mac and will never let me put a partition on it.
Thanks,

If you're referring to the fact that the Curse launcher isn't available for Mac, this tutorial PurpleMentat put out for Agrarian Skies 2 should be applicable for any pack on Curse.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

That said, it may be a good idea to go back to the strict "No ETA" policy, even when it seems like a release is absolutely 100% certain. Whatever is to be gained by an ETA (build hype, reassure fans, give players the possibility of planning for the release, and giving yourself incentive to finish by the deadline) is certainly more than lost by the repeated postponement.

To other players, load up BnB 1.6, or some other modpack or game you enjoy, and just have fun.

Actually, the only reason it's not out is because the pack is not set up to be developed by a team. Even if I had opened it to the team, they would have had no idea what I was doing because there are no design docs for BnB like we are doing for the other packs/mods we are working on.
That being said, you should see your first streams/youtube as early as tomorrow as the prerelease is getting some finishing touches over the course of today. Tomorrow will be me finishing setup of the Patreon server for my pledges to have early access and test the server and the new server side mod designed for BnB. Depending on how this testing goes, the soft release target for CV is next Monday. That gives a full week of prerelease testing.
As far as previews go, I'm notoriously secretive about projects I work on for various reasons. Even our team keeps a self imposed NDA about our projects. The team gets a high level of transparency about what we do/plan (I even share finances/op costs with them) but none of the team will discuss a project unless it's already out.

/As a side note, I will be looking at adding one or two new members to the team for maintaining a wiki for us./

Now, other than saying, "My home life is screwed up," and "My kid comes first to me," I won't generally vocalize details about issues in my personal life. Let's just say I have a lot of stupid BS I have to put up with every day in my home. A promising day looking at 8 hours of dev work can turn into less than a half hour of actual work being done.
Eventually, this situation is going to come to a head and explode. At that point I might not be around publicly for a bit. I'm hoping to have the team fully set in motion and doing it's thing in the event that happens.

Thanks,

The Mac client was being tested by @Kaelten and he said it was working well, so I may not have to worry about that.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
A promising day looking at 8 hours of dev work can turn into less than a half hour of actual work being done.

Dont see any diference from a normal work... :p
I am at this moment finishing my supposed 8 hour work of development. I only really worked around 2 hours... Rest of the time was spent doing shit that was not planned!

Reactions: Eyamaz

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, the only reason it's not out is because the pack is not set up to be developed by a team. Even if I had opened it to the team, they would have had no idea what I was doing because there are no design docs for BnB like we are doing for the other packs/mods we are working on.
That being said, you should see your first streams/youtube as early as tomorrow as the prerelease is getting some finishing touches over the course of today. Tomorrow will be me finishing setup of the Patreon server for my pledges to have early access and test the server and the new server side mod designed for BnB. Depending on how this testing goes, the soft release target for CV is next Monday. That gives a full week of prerelease testing.
As far as previews go, I'm notoriously secretive about projects I work on for various reasons. Even our team keeps a self imposed NDA about our projects. The team gets a high level of transparency about what we do/plan (I even share finances/op costs with them) but none of the team will discuss a project unless it's already out.

/As a side note, I will be looking at adding one or two new members to the team for maintaining a wiki for us./

Now, other than saying, "My home life is screwed up," and "My kid comes first to me," I won't generally vocalize details about issues in my personal life. Let's just say I have a lot of stupid BS I have to put up with every day in my home. A promising day looking at 8 hours of dev work can turn into less than a half hour of actual work being done.
Eventually, this situation is going to come to a head and explode. At that point I might not be around publicly for a bit. I'm hoping to have the team fully set in motion and doing it's thing in the event that happens.

The Mac client was being tested by @Kaelten and he said it was working well, so I may not have to worry about that.
Seems like a rough situation for you :(
Just make sure you don't go for absolute perfection with the first release, updates can always be made, and devote what you can afterwards to sorting out whatever BS you have properly. I'm no expert, but that's my opinion on things.

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019

No, that's awesome! So stop making bogus ETAs. My issue is not with the fact that BnB 2 isn't here yet, it's with this ridiculous habit of saying it's a week (or a day, in this case) away. With this well-acknowledged hefty bag of RL **** constantly hitting a very large, very fast fan, I can't make myself believe that you've truly spent the last 5 months convinced that your project was on the cusp of completion. I'd legitimately much rather see an announcement that BnB 2 is on indefinite hold so that you can go sort out the stuff in your life that actually matters. Take care of yourself and your family and stop leading people on.

I disagree. When you've spent this much time telling people they'll get access to something on your Patreon within a week and you market yourself as 'BnBGaming', I personally believe you do owe it to your community to bring something, -anything- to the table.

So we've got tomorrow as the day we'll start seeing stuff happen. Here's hoping it's true and I make a giant fool of myself.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
No, that's awesome! So stop making bogus ETAs. My issue is not with the fact that BnB 2 isn't here yet, it's with this ridiculous habit of saying it's a week (or a day, in this case) away. With this well-acknowledged hefty bag of RL **** constantly hitting a very large, very fast fan, I can't make myself believe that you've truly spent the last 5 months convinced that your project was on the cusp of completion. I'd legitimately much rather see an announcement that BnB 2 is on indefinite hold so that you can go sort out the stuff in your life that actually matters. Take care of yourself and your family and stop leading people on.

I disagree. When you've spent this much time telling people they'll get access to something on your Patreon within a week and you market yourself as 'BnBGaming', I personally believe you do owe it to your community to bring something, -anything- to the table.

So we've got tomorrow as the day we'll start seeing stuff happen. Here's hoping it's true and I make a giant fool of myself.

Oh no, you missed the craptastic moment a month ago that I accidentally hard deleted the entire project and hadn't made any backups? Yeah, hadn't set up the same scripts to backup that I had in 1.6 and well...
Noob mistakes are noob.

HeroGabe

Jul 29, 2019
Well whoops.

Well, everyone makes mistakes, and can even make noob mistakes (which, Eyamaz IS correct, noob mistakes are noob.)

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius

y'all see this? This is why FTB has a no ETA policy.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015

I wouldn't normally be unilateral about this, I like to see both sides in an argument, but here:

NO. You are wrong. There is no rightness. Eff-off, you overentitled prick.

*clears throat*

ANYWAY... looking forward to seeing BnB2 stuff when its ready, and til that time good luck! Also *hugs* @Eyamaz.

Prominthore

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldn't normally be unilateral about this, I like to see both sides in an argument, but here:

NO. You are wrong. There is no rightness. Eff-off, you overentitled prick.

*clears throat*

ANYWAY... looking forward to seeing BnB2 stuff when its ready, and til that time good luck! Also *hugs* @Eyamaz.
Dido.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Enough!
Some times we vent out stupid stuff out of frustration.... he vented, let it go.

This discussion does not help anyone much less Eyamaz or the pack getting out.

The only thing I say is if the game needs to be delayed for the next couple months and by any chance its released only around September, I want to be on the pre-realease team as a birthday present :p

Now, everyone back to the predictions of when it comes out, what will include and how evil it will be!
Seen a little description of this mod, Epic Siege.... If he added this or something worst.... its going to be funny (Zombies can will dig and pillar up to you, Mobs can swim underwater) :S

Splosions

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I stand by everything I've said. Was my tone more abrasive than most would be comfortable with? Probably, but I hate when people sugarcoat the things they say to me, so I don't do it when addressing others. Difficult feedback is how I get better. GamerwithnoGame -- or anyone, for that matter -- if you feel very strongly about it please send me a PM with your actual thoughts on the content of my posts.

If we start seeing stuff today I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but sorry? Definitely not sorry.

Last edited:

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, I stand by everything I've said. Was my tone more abrasive than most would be comfortable with? Probably, but I hate when people sugarcoat the things they say to me, so I don't do it when addressing others. Difficult feedback is how I get better. GamerwithnoGame -- or anyone, for that matter -- if you feel very strongly about it please send me a PM with your actual thoughts on the content of my posts.

If we start seeing stuff today I'll be the first to admit I was wrong, but sorry? Definitely not sorry.
I can agree the ETA's are crap, but in many senses you sounded like an asshole.

Reactions: Splosions

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

I don't ask for people to apologize for stating their opinion.

I'm in the process of fixing some issues already found with some of the script I wrote. So you more than likely won't see anything today.

But that's what this week is about, fixing issues for a release.