Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Krakel

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the fast help on this thread. We removed the wrong debuff entry on my player.dat. I can continue playing.

Now a other problem. :)
I need ghast tears. I killed many of the devil red heads, but got nothing. The knockback of my bow move the mob far away before they died and I can not get the tears. Is there a special trick. What is the difference between the damage of the bow and the arrow.

Delgar3

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm 5 Episodes in now so I thought I'd share with the class. :)

I think I'm going to try experimenting with trying to brighten it up post production. If anyone has any hints or tips to do this with Sony Vegas/Studio I'd be eternally grateful...which in Blood and Bones terms...isn't really that long. :)

Blargerist

Jul 29, 2019
Well I'm 5 Episodes in now so I thought I'd share with the class. :)

I think I'm going to try experimenting with trying to brighten it up post production. If anyone has any hints or tips to do this with Sony Vegas/Studio I'd be eternally grateful...which in Blood and Bones terms...isn't really that long. :)
Welcome to the fray! O0o0o0o0o 1.1.3, you get to play with the "fun" spawners. :p

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
I am in the dream world and I'm not sure if I'm doing this right.
I got all the ingredients for flowing spirit except the fanciful thread. Now my plan is to dig around on level 4-8 for two diamonds (same as normal world oregen) so I can build the kettle and the spinwheel. Then I'd need a high oven to create a flint and steel to light the kettle.
Is this correct? I really don't want to build another high-oven but I don't see any other way.

Also, for the portal to the deep dark: Is one igneous extruder with a cyclic assembler enough? Do I need multiple igniouses? I'm having a hard time estimating this. Sadly I only just found out I'd need so much cobblestone so I left most of it behind while searching for ore.

mechlsd

Jul 29, 2019
The way I lit the kettle was using a flint and steel from a trade with a villager. Found one that gave me emeralds for wheat, then one that gave me a flint and steel for two emeralds. You can also put some wood under the kettle and put lava round it to light the wood.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
I got all the ingredients for flowing spirit except the fanciful thread. Now my plan is to dig around on level 4-8 for two diamonds (same as normal world oregen) so I can build the kettle and the spinwheel. Then I'd need a high oven to create a flint and steel to light the kettle.
Is this correct? I really don't want to build another high-oven but I don't see any other way.

Also, for the portal to the deep dark: Is one igneous extruder with a cyclic assembler enough? Do I need multiple igniouses? I'm having a hard time estimating this. Sadly I only just found out I'd need so much cobblestone so I left most of it behind while searching for ore.
Yes, diamonds are still down very low in the Spirit world. I had good luck with going down to 6 or so and just digging around down in the bedrock layer. Branch mine might also work, some are very low so I think it pays to dig out everything around bedrock. Just be careful of the void gas. Light it up to remove the gas. And then be careful of the red gas since you just put torches everywhere. :)

As @mechlsd said above, put down a plank under your kettle and put lava next to it. It will light on fire after a bit, then quickly make your brew before the plank goes out.

Not much point in going to the deep dark now as the fantasy metals are in the spirit world. Still good for mining normal metals I guess. One extruder is fine if you just let it run a long time. More will make it go faster of course. :)

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019

The darkness is annoying, but also an awesome part of the pack. :) But yeah, for recording, take a look for Gamma settings and bump it up to 1.1 or 1.2 during the really dark parts. If you record with OBS, you can do this in the capture settings for an entire clip, but I'm sure you can do it in Vegas somewhere too.

Andri92

Jul 29, 2019

I lit my kettle in the dream world using a wood log and lava. I had to be really quick, but it was fun, it was a challenge :)

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I got flint and steel from a villager too. Wasn't even looking for it, and was gonna use lava, but I got lucky and just found it, lol. One of the first things I transferred over to the spirit world though was netherrack.

Anesos

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what exactly affects the boost xp required for a hammer? I thought it was a combination of durability and speed and that seems to prove out for some combinations, but then I'm seeing inconsistent weird stuff. For instance, adding different handles to a default copper hammer seems to make the boost xp required go down no matter which handle I try.

Basically trying to figure out how to make a hammer will level up quickly so I can give it auto-repair/haste and then upgrade it to some good materials later.

Thorgan8

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for all your answers. This will save me quite a bit of time.

I'm so addicted to this pack right now >.<