Bees: a discussion of effective results?

Astynax

Jul 29, 2019
So, I've had a 1.6 world going since release, and I've run the gambit of TE, IC2, MPS, and every other mod I can think of experimenting with, except one: Forestry. I've got some cool builds in mind, and while I could set up a DW20 style automated quarry, I think I'd rather be innovative, and do something slightly different with it. I've been breeding bees, some, and noticed a ton of awesome species I could chase. More importantly, I've noticed I can collect almost all the rare ores I'm in trouble for, notably copper and uranium, through them. Currently I've got the basic setup, and the ability to start building a bunch of alvearies, but I lack any bee species of real note. So, here's the discussion I want: I know how to boost productivity through normal forestry means, and I have no problem getting the species I need, but I'm not sure which types of bees are more productive, the extra bees or magic bees species. Has anybody done the math? Can we? Any other neat suggestions? ETC.

Thanks in advance everybody.

A27Cappy

Jul 29, 2019
I find that for the best results to use an amalgam of all the different bee traits from the different mods,

For example...

On the server I frequent (MindCrack) I have the Longest Life trait from Relic Bees (EB) and Fastest from Aura Bees (ThaumicBees) on all my production bees as well as Low Fertility (Cause we don't need oodles of drones all over), and the different effects Explorer/Beautific (Forestry).

Traits are really what you are looking for not necessarily the productivity, cause with Alvearies and the odds and ends that Extra Bees give you can kind of fumble your way through it all.