Bee Combinations Having Multiple Results

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
So I was watching GenerikB's Beecademy and in one of the episodes he explains the Punnett Square breeding mechanic with some Industrial Info Panels. As I watched this I thought having a ComputerCraft setup with 2 Bee Analyzers that gave you the Punnett Square for any 2 bees would be super useful when breeding bees.

However, when I started enterng the data for the bees into the database using the Master Apiarists Database, that there are some combinations that have a chance of producing more than 1 result, eg Meadows and Modest, both mundane bees, can produce either a Common or an Arid. This of course screws up my plan, as the lookup table for the breeding results relies on on unique entries.

Does anyone have an idea about what to do? I was considering only including the most likely outcome. Idealy I would give the list of possibles, but since my database is basically a matrix of all the different types against each other and the results, I can't do that.

(Unless I have matrix of tables *shudder*)

Also, does anyone have a spreadsheet or delimited file containing all the mutations is the form "breed1,breed2,mutation" (eg "Forest,Meadows,Common") ?

Hydra

Jul 29, 2019
There are multiple bee combinations that can result in more than one mutation so you'll have to be able to handle it.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
Indeed, a "matrix" of tables is your best bet. On the plus side, you can store regular values in your matrix most of the time, and put tables in it only when you need to: your code can then check to see if a given combination's results are stored as a single value or as a table before handling them.

masterventris

Jul 29, 2019
Beautiful, thanks MilConDoin.

It now works for most mutations, but only if they are inserted in the correct way round. Should be a quick fix to make it test the other possibility.