Bee College! [Bee Tutorial Series] [720p]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys!

It's Tyler.

lDl6qxl.png

I'm here to show you the new series started on my channel solely involving bees. This tutorial series will delve into how to get, breed, automate, and use bees to their potential. The series will cover bees, trees, butterflies, and everything inbetween. I look to clear up misconceptions about bees, show you the optimal settings for bees, how to extract their genes using Extra Bees machines and more!

If you're an aspiring apiarist, you're in the right place. If you enjoy the tutorials and think they're helpful, feel free to check out my FTB Research Lab where I look into all the mods in Feed the Beast and give tutorials on how to use them in a survival, story-like fashion.
Check out my videos below!

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Not enough time to watch this atm but this looks great :)
Maybe you will, but you could cover extra bee and gendustry mechanics?
I will for sure be covering all of Extra Bees and Trees but I will not be covering Gendustry at this time. If these get super popular, then sure!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I will for sure be covering all of Extra Bees and Trees but I will not be covering Gendustry at this time. If these get super popular, then sure!
What about MagicBees?
Also I am halfway theough the bideo, loving it so far. Not boring, and is actually one ofmthe best tutorials i have ever watched. I wish this was around a year ago :p

Last edited:

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
What about MagicBees?
Also I am halfway theough the bideo, loving it so far. Not boring, and is actually one ofmthe best tutorials i have ever watched. I wish this was around a year ago :p
Aw thank you so much! Magic Bees will be covered as well, not in much detail, but it will be talked about. Please also look at my other series on my channel as they should receive as much attention as this :) My FTB Research Lab gives FTB tutorials with a unique twist.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Aw thank you so much! Magic Bees will be covered as well, not in much detail, but it will be talked about. Please also look at my other series on my channel as they should receive as much attention as this :) My FTB Research Lab gives FTB tutorials with a unique twist.
I shall check them out :)
Also read the comment on the video, I am not sure if that is taking it to far :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
If you explain Extra Trees really well, your videos might be the only source of such info on the internet. :)

I'm doing Forestry trees in Monster pack right now. Just built myself a big glass building for butterflys to pollinate my trees. I read a good post right on this forum: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/look-ma-no-bees-or-how-to-make-trees-breed-themselves.32611/

I never knew you could pollinate trees without bees, just using butterflys. I hope this is the kind of info your videos will cover and summarize for us all. Thanks for the heads up, I'll watch but I know bees inside and out so I'll try not to be too critical. :)

Another example - I had a nice little setup with two tree types and a few alvearies... and far, far away (at least 30 blocks) was my Chestnut trees for my seed oil production... well all my mutated leaf blocks were getting "contaminated" with Chestnut! But I knew the range on bees is only 9x6x9 blocks... so how were those distant Chestnuts messing up my breeding? Of course the answer turned out to be butterflies, and they can pollinate for a long distance. I never dealt with them before when I played Ultimate modpack. So again, this is the kind of info we players could use, and I hope you will attempt to provide.

I just watched, good video, its def informative and your speaking voice is solid. I look forward to more!

A question for beekeepers - in Direwolf 1.6 modpack, we were able to substitute creosote oil for seed oil. This was such a HUGE deal, when I found out I was a bit astonished but very very happy. Well, then I moved into Monster, got my creosote going in mass quantity... and suddenly realized that creosote oil was not longer an equivalent to seed oil!! Darn it!! So, was this an error in Direwolf modpack that was corrected in Monster? What's the history on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: kayla sharp

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
A question for beekeepers - in Direwolf 1.6 modpack, we were able to substitute creosote oil for seed oil. This was such a HUGE deal, when I found out I was a bit astonished but very very happy. Well, then I moved into Monster, got my creosote going in mass quantity... and suddenly realized that creosote oil was not longer an equivalent to seed oil!! Darn it!! So, was this an error in Direwolf modpack that was corrected in Monster? What's the history on this?

IIRC you couldn't use creosote in place of seed oil in certain recipes in Unleashed either.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen it but judging from responses I have to do it firstthing I find some time if not for bees then for ttutorial itself to see what makes it so good. never too late to learn new things from fellow youtuber :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Haven't seen it but judging from responses I have to do it firstthing I find some time if not for bees then for ttutorial itself to see what makes it so good. never too late to learn new things from fellow youtuber :)
The first episode is more ofman introduction, but it does show some goals.

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be uploading every two days for the bee tutorial series. Expect a new video on Saturday! Depending on how popular this gets I'll bump it up to every other day. Look out for FTB Research Lab videos every other day though, they're teach you awesome stuff in the meantime :)

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it's been a while since the latest episode, I've been stressed out with finals and work and finally got around to getting some more videos out there :) Enjoy!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

DREVL

Jul 10, 2013
Hey guys!

It's Tyler.

MmlSWXS

I'm here to show you the new series started on my channel solely involving bees. This tutorial series will delve into how to get, breed, automate, and use bees to their potential. The series will cover bees, trees, butterflies, and everything inbetween. I look to clear up misconceptions about bees, show you the optimal settings for bees, how to extract their genes using Extra Bees machines and more!

If you're an aspiring apiarist, you're in the right place. If you enjoy the tutorials and think they're helpful, feel free to check out my FTB Research Lab where I look into all the mods in Feed the Beast and give tutorials on how to use them in a survival, story-like fashion.
Check out my videos below!

yeah... FTB can pin this shit right now. lol somehow I totally missed this thread.

Reactions: OlexaKid64

OlexaKid64

Jul 29, 2019
This is maybe the most important episode I'll ever put out. This is how to automate your bees!