Bad Thaumcraft Nodes

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything you can do, remove or "kill" bad nodes? Or perhaps incase them in stone or something?

I sadly placed a pretty big base right besides a bad node, and it is sending out those goddamn whisps all the time.

any ideas??

I tried creating new nodes not far from it, in hopes the good would kill the bad :p - Sadly this turned all the good ones into bad ones lol. so now i've got 6 bad nodes surrounding my base instead.

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
you could encase the evil nodes to keep the wisp trapped inside, but it wont stop the other side effects.

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Well thats quite annoying

- If u read the forums azanor - Please do something about this -_-...

Bluehorazon

Jul 29, 2019
Well I think you could also move the dark node away, since you might want it for a whisp-farm. I haven't found a dark node yet, but I want to try setting up tesla-coils around to kill the whisps or maybe a forcefield :p

Slackerony

Jul 29, 2019
Celestial@ Think i'll try that, defo don't wanna move base again!

bluehorazon @ Move it? How do you move a dark node? or any node for that matter? - Also i quite like that idea, Could be interesting :p - trap them in a forcefield, Spam tesla coil them! Wahaha :p... i like it!

but hey, if u got a way to "MOVE" the node, Please. Tell me!

Entropy

Jul 29, 2019
but hey, if u got a way to "MOVE" the node, Please. Tell me!

If you plant a silverwood tree and let it grow, it will produce a pure node. Plant another tree in the same spot, and the node will absorb the new node and get bigger. Do this a few times until you have a big enough node, and then use silverwood trees to create nodes in a path to the dark node. It takes a long time, but you could eventually move your big pure node to the darkness node and then eat it up, leaving you with just a pure node. The same could be applied to move the dark node, just plant the silverwoods in a trail, and slowly you can move the darkness node out of the area.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem is creating and combining nodes causes massive flux as well, so you'll have some trouble for a while.

fethergood

Jul 29, 2019
I would say that you could encase the evil nodes to keep the wisp trapped inside, but it wont stop the other side effects.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
theres a evil node problem at the spawn town of my server and me have a infurnal furnice running 24/7 from my tunnel bore(redpower) and if we mannage to grow a pure node to eat the evil 1 will it stop the wisp spawning? even tho my furnice is making a massive amount of flux

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
theres a evil node problem at the spawn town of my server and me have a infurnal furnice running 24/7 from my tunnel bore(redpower) and if we mannage to grow a pure node to eat the evil 1 will it stop the wisp spawning? even tho my furnice is making a massive amount of flux

If the pure node can't destroy the flux the furnace is producing fast enough then flux will still accumulate and cause effects. Have you attached arcane bellows to the furnace to help reduce flux generation? If wisp are the only thing you're concerned with, like what was said earlier, you could encase the node spawning wisp to trap them inside along with some kind of killing mechanism if you like i.e. iron golems, turrets.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
me think all of the nodes are spawning wisp now S: me have encased the evil 1 with warted stone but there still spawning some where and theres 100 of them @_@

graydaze

Jul 29, 2019
me think all of the nodes are spawning wisp now S: me have encased the evil 1 with warted stone but there still spawning some where and theres 100 of them @_@
You don't have to be all fancy and use warded stone, even glass will be fine if you like seeing your trapped wisp suffer lol.

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
ya but the nodes are in spawn town so boxing up all the nodes to stop the wisps spawning is going to make it a pain XD there all in the roads @_@

monkey

Jul 29, 2019
me was trying to grow a pure node via creative node (we was all getting peed off by the wisp) but then the evil node ate the pure node .... cant aznor add like a node spawn egg or something thats server admin only ?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Only way is to make a big enough pure node far enough away that the evil one would not eat it, then convince the pure one to move towards the evil one. Only problem is you may end up making a nodezilla that will eat every node it can reach and generate a insane amount of flux/wisps. As each time one node eats another it makes a ton of flux and wisps spawn.

A better thing may be to regen the nodes following the steps that were posted to fix the every node disappearing bug.

Denaton

Jul 29, 2019
Had made a node that was about 200 Vis on a server. The day after i logged in it was gone like it never existed, is this a bug or did i miss something?

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
Was it anywhere near another node as it may of ate it? Also note that the node mechanics are very unstable and pron to save issues. Which is why nodes are being removed in the 1.5 update of thaumcraft and are being replaced with a new mana/aspect system.